Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some guy driving a new Dodge SRT-4 (Turbo Neon). I thought i'd see what he wanted to do at a red light. So i rev up my gen 3 vulcan with no resonator, no silencer cone, and a single flowmaster 40. He revs up his little turbo 4 banger. The light turns green. We floor it, 3000 Rpms.....4000Rpms...damn he already shifted into second. I swear we were neck and neck until the end of his first gear. I couldn't see him by the time i hit 60. I knew his car was faster than mine, but i guess i just couldn't except it. Anyone care to share there experiences with cars that whipped their asses?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
yes, earlier today i was bored outta my mind with no money to buy parts to mod my vehicle (this is regular, no $$$). so i went out for a joy ride (this is also very regular, though high gas prices are slowing me down, no $$$ again). at the last light before my neighborhood (also the nicest straightaway) i pulled up next to a blue corvette. i know the light rotation at pretty much all of the intersections on the southside of richmond, and i knew it was about to change so i was creeping up a bit. well, corvette guy started creeping up too and i knew it was on. light turns green and he was gone gone GONE. i knew he was gonna own me, but it was fun til i was left in the dust.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well I personally think that keeping up with a Dodge Neon SRT-4 its not very common even though if you ran with him with Duratec. Those turbocharged SRT4 are very fast for a 4 cylinder car. Remember they come stock I think with 215 hp or so I don't remember. I really like those car because they look really bad in the front and the psshh noise drives me crazy, I like it a lot.

S

·
0 Posts
the SRT-4 is a great car. Although Im not VERY fond of Dodge, I do give them their needed respect. I like it. Fast, good looking, and a sedan. The Vulcan can not keep up with lots of cars, unless modiffied (heavily) I know Im pissing some of you Vulcan guys off, but it's true. LOL Now a Duratec?? Thats another story. DURATEC POWER ALL THE WAY!! LOL

Sorry, it's like 2am here, and I need sleep...lol

Sal

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
'03 SRT-4 215hp
'04 SRT-4 230hp

Factory upgrades available to 300 hp.

If you don't mind the looks, it's the fastest car for the money.

-Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Aug 5 2004, 02:32 AM
:rolleyes: Even I could have told you that the vulcan is no match for the SRT-4 :notworthy:

The car that whiped the floor with me was a white Caddilac.... :unsure: That was scary.
The Northstar Cadillacs are over 300 HP in most recent years.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You do realize that the selling point in the production of the srt-4 Neon is that it will take a Viper off the line? If you were even close to the thing it was because the kid driving it was in the wrong gear or doesn't know how to drive stick or just passed out and fell a sleep at the wheel.

Before anyone says it I didn't say the srt-4 is faster then the viper but it is supposed to take it from a standstill until halfway through 1st or something. Probably only half a car length.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was on my home from college and had stopped at a light in my hometown. I see out of the corner or my eye a white car (looks like a Volvo) pull up next to me. I see it inching forward, so I do the same when the light turns green, I take off. We're pretty even until the Volvo just lets it all out and takes off. As the car passes, I see the little Korean lady and realize...I just got walked all over by my mother. She has a Volvo S70 T5 and it's pretty quick once the cars shifts into second. I get home and she's waiting for me. "What took so long?" she asks. I've got the coolest mom!

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by taurus2000@Aug 5 2004, 10:00 AM
I was on my home from college and had stopped at a light in my hometown. I see out of the corner or my eye a white car (looks like a Volvo) pull up next to me. I see it inching forward, so I do the same when the light turns green, I take off. We're pretty even until the Volvo just lets it all out and takes off. As the car passes, I see the little Korean lady and realize...I just got walked all over by my mother. She has a Volvo S70 T5 and it's pretty quick once the cars shifts into second. I get home and she's waiting for me. "What took so long?" she asks. I've got the coolest mom!
You know what that T means don't you? TURBO!!! I am seriously looking at a S60 T5 or S60R as my next car :cool_shades:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Off Subject But with Cadilacs my mom Has a 99 SLS VD Northstar 32 Vauvle and holly **** that thing is fast. Next time I drive it im gonna race my friends 1981 Vette and he thinks its a fair race. This should be fun.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now i respect a volvo beating a taurus, but that damn Neon thing. Who cares if it is turbo, neons should stay in their place, hehehe. And just because our vulcans are slow doesn't mean you have to say it, lets all be supportive and say "You coulda got 'em" or "It was raining". Isn't it more fun to make up excuses?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I got owned by a new Regal once. Damn superchargers. :angryfire: It was a pretty close race though.

I also failed to own a new Mountaineer. It had an exhaust job, probably not much else (the driver looked like a tool.) He refused to wait until green to go, so he was halfway through the intersection when I hit the throttle, but the part that burns me is that I barely caught up to him by 60, and by 75, when I was edging past his front bumper, we ran out of road. I think the guy was surprised at my Taurus, but I felt like a wuss for not leaving him in my dust. :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by spy2520@Aug 5 2004, 12:15 PM
Now i respect a volvo beating a taurus, but that damn Neon thing. Who cares if it is turbo, neons should stay in their place, hehehe. And just because our vulcans are slow doesn't mean you have to say it, lets all be supportive and say "You coulda got 'em" or "It was raining". Isn't it more fun to make up excuses?
Check out http://www.neonsonline.com/

After joining that site, I've acquired the new found respect for the Neon. If you don't rice it out, it can be a HELL of a car! And the SRT-4?? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I somehow got lined up next to an srt4 at a test and tune night. After the lights dropped all I remember was a loud psshhh (BOV) and a yellow blur. :( It wasn't pretty...

Me:..................................Him:
r/t - .872..........................1.551
60' - 2.495.......................2.185
330 - 6.962......................5.818
1/8 - 10.604.....................8.838
MPH - 68.3.......................81.93
1000 - 13.691..................11.429
1/4 - 16.296.....................13.653
MPH - 86.56.....................101.6

I got a better r/t so that guy was really moving when he blew by me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There already is an SRT-6. The Crossfire with the MB v6. The crossfire will whip most cars in its normal form. An SRT-6 is just pure punishment. I think Ford needs to bang out an equivalent of every car that chrysler or GM makes.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I wasn't racing anyone or anything, but I am going on one of my little drives. There is this rural littel twisty road i like. In front of me at the light is a Porsche 911 and a Cayenne S. So just for s**t and giggles I was like, lets see if I can keep up. The speed limit is 25 MPH, I was doing 45 in my 98 Taurus, and they were f**king gone in like 30 sec. After about the second turn I couldn't even see them anymore... I knew I had no chance.

S

·
0 Posts
Whipped stories??

fine fine..

So I'm with 4 other people.. my SHO is loaded to it's max, it's probably around 11 or 12, and we pull up to a light, sitting at the light is this blue Mach 1 Mustang... so I rev and my ATX limits it at around 4K.. so I have it like that for about 4 seconds.. and then I let off the gas.. and then I sit there for a few seconds and do it again.. then as I let off my car stalls, this is the first time the people in the mustang even moved.. they were laughing at me :( .. so then I turn the car back on, and rev it just one more time, then I pull up a foot or two, and I've test driven mach 1's so I know how fast they are.. I KNOW he's going to kill me, so now I'm wondering why we've been sitting at this light for like 2 minutes.. finally it turns green we both hit it.. he's accross the intersection before I even clear the cross walk...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts