1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:picard2: Well, isn't that special? New GM, meet the former executive who turned Old GM into a failed clusterf**k. And by all means, pay him off for life; he deserves every penny. Along with a shoddily built 2011 Chevrolet Volt to drive home in. Don't worry about those crossed battery connectors that the line workers messed up, Mr. Wagoner can surely fix that himself...
:nuclear:
...Or not.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On another note, according to rumor, with pontiac going under, it looks like the pontiac g8 is going to live on as the chevrolet caprice.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The Chevrolet Commodore would have been a better name for it.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Reminds me of the Circuit City bullshit. The CEO that killed our company, had similar terms of being paid even though he f'd the company over. That is, until they proved they couldn't pay them anymore, due to not being in business for much longer lol.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I see both sides of this issue, I really do. On the one side, when you become CEO, you do sign contracts giving you this sort of stuff, especially if you're pushed out of your position. So legally nothing is wrong with it; you play your cards right and you retire nicely.

On the other hand, when you might have helped crash your company, does your company really have the money to pay for your retirement package? And two, do you really deserve it?

/.02

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Jul 15 2009, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739762
I see both sides of this issue, I really do. On the one side, when you become CEO, you do sign contracts giving you this sort of stuff, especially if you're pushed out of your position. So legally nothing is wrong with it; you play your cards right and you retire nicely.

On the other hand, when you might have helped crash your company, does your company really have the money to pay for your retirement package? And two, do you really deserve it?

/.02[/b]
That's a really sensible and sound response. Then again, your posts are always informative and contribute to the topic soccer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts