Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please post a pic of how the jack is suppose to be mounted in a wagon? I took it out to change a flat and for the life of me can't figure out how to get it back in. BTW it's a 2003.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone please? I've got 4 little kids and a wife riding with me in this car. I would be crushed if one of them got hit by the jack. Not so much the wife, a good whack in the head might do her some good.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Isn't there a pic (diagram) inside the spare compartment showing the arrangement? My 92 wagon had one...

·
Registered
24 Posts
It mounts inside of the spare tire. You raise the jack about a third of the way, tuck it inside the spare tire rim, put the stud through the center of the wheel and the hole on the jack handle, then screw the big wingnut down over the whole shebang.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Here ya go.......

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
ArmorAll on the doughnut...that is so you Dennis...

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
ArmorAll on the doughnut...that is so you Dennis...

B) Hey Dan, what ever it takes to win those extra points at a show. I have actually waxed the jack, the lug wrench and the well that it all sits in also. :D

At shows, they want the trunks open to inspect, can be for as much as 1/4 of the score. With the wagon I have to open the tailgate window, have the 3rd row seat open as well as the storage compartment on the right. The compartment for the spair needs to be open as well. If they dont see a spair, I cant be graded on it. BTW, I also wax inside my door jams and armor all the door weather stripping.B)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many Thank You's to those who helped me out with this. Including, danhasenauer, sousa632, mr_josh and dlc360. Also, thank you to sheila for proving that she is President Obama's comic relief czar.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I requested a cabinet position, but he appointed me freakin court jester instead, lol!!!
i was going for the court jester position, but obama felt i was too conservative.:p:p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Xlnt spare mount pic. Saved the day

Thank you for the excellent pic of the proper spare mount. Like the original poster I was in a hurry to get a flat fixed and neglected to remember exactly how the darn thing was mounted. It would have been sooo easy for Ford to put a sticker with a remount illustration on the inside of the plastic spare cover, but nooo that would have been too easy. Thanks again

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Thank you for the excellent pic of the proper spare mount. Like the original poster I was in a hurry to get a flat fixed and neglected to remember exactly how the darn thing was mounted. It would have been sooo easy for Ford to put a sticker with a remount illustration on the inside of the plastic spare cover, but nooo that would have been too easy. Thanks again
And if yours is like mine, (have 2 Wagons) after a few miles it will start to make noise. Somehow it needs re-tightened. Then good until time to check the air again.

-chart-

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but it's sorta relevant:
why does the spare tire go under a cover on the drivers side when it looks like the well below the jump-seat would fit a spare perfectly?
(I'm thinking subwoofer in the well now).

·
Administrator
15,317 Posts
Can't speak for how you use yours but in my case if the tire was there my little demons would have no place for their cloven hooves when in the jump seat and I would miss the under cover contraband...er cooler...er storage space when they are not.

·
Registered
227 Posts
well in my case, all three cloven-hoofed demons are too big for the jump seat, but I hear ya on the cooler space.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the pic! I had that jack turned 9-ways-to-Sunday, and didn't figure it out. A look at the photo, and five minutes later, it was secure and safe. No Armour-All applied, but I did place a couple clean rags at the tire/jack interfaces to prevent scratches and for tire change clean ups. I did need to chase the treads on the lock-down spinner (8mm threads), because the last guy couldn't figure it out, either. Works like a charm, now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts