Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: I am referring to the REAR LCA of a 92' Wagon.

Okay I have a 92’ Wagon with a ton of rust, just a beater I am playing around with. I have a total of 3 wagons and I have never been able to figure out how to remove the lower control arm bolt and cam on the REAR so I can replace the springs…

I take the nut off… then what? I’ve read the books and done a search on here, no info on how to get the cam off… I’ve PB Blistered it to death and hammered away at it… Will not budge…

Any help would be great as I do not want to pay $$$ for the third time to have springs replaced.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Service manual says that you need to raise the lower control arm to "normal position when at curb height" by placing a jack stand under the lower suspension arm. (If you are using a frame-contact hoist, which might apply to a jack as well.)

Do you have drum brakes or disc brakes on the back?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have read all of that. I even have the wedge that is mentioned in the Ford service manual. This is my third time attempting this... I can get everything else off except for that cam and through bolt…

No breaks.

Service manual says that you need to raise the lower control arm to "normal position when at curb height" by placing a jack stand under the lower suspension arm. (If you are using a frame-contact hoist, which might apply to a jack as well.)

Do you have drum brakes or disc brakes on the back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts