Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if it would still sound good with just the single pipe out the back with the flowmaster. Seems everyone does it with dual exhaust. So i thought maybe it'll sound about as good but itll be a lot less money i have to spend. Dont have to get single exhaust to dual and not have to pay for 2 flowmaster exhaust. And also, if the resonator is removed in either situation, will get a "nice" sounding loud or very annoying after awhile. One point that flex part that connects from the engine to the rest of your exhaust (the expensive piece) was damaged and pulled back a little bit. And it was getting damn loud, and was pretty cool. When you reved the engine itll make little popping back fires. I wouldve left it if 1. it wasnt annoying when you wanted quietness and 2. it wasnt coming from the middle of the car so it was obviously something damaged and not something you bought.

Ok, anyways, (i talk to much) just wondering if single flowmaster will sound pretty good, even compared to duals.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My vulcan has a single flowmaster, sounds nice IMO. Cant get a sound clip, as i have nothing to record it with right now. Someday, i will. I'll have to use my laptop to record it.

But keep the resonator on, from what ive heard its very raspy with it off.

Flexpipe is necessary.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My 98 SE Vulcan has a Flowmaster 40 series... sounds like a V8 at idle! On high revs, sounds a little like an F1 or Rally car!!! Be sure to eliminat the resonator, & intake "silencer". A CAI inside the fender well is killer for a good throaty sound & better air flow!!!

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just what i was hoping to hear. Thanks for the responses.

J

·
0 Posts
Here is a clip of my Vulcan with intake silencer removed, k & n panel, resonator intact, stock muffler replaced with Flowmaster 40 series deltaflow.

Vulcan Clip

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, im convinced. That sounds pretty nice. My computer speakers have a 180ish watt sub on them and it was the one making most the sound for that audio clip. Obviously it has a deep sound. Very nice. Must say i'll be getting one when i get the $$. Thanks again for the replies. Wasnt sure if it would be worth it on a single pipe.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
my car currently has no muffler on it. we cut my junky one off and couldnt get pephoes to honor the lifetime warranty, so goin back tomorrow to talk to the manager. my taurus is LOUD. but yeah, the flowmaster sounds cool. jason's exhaust sounds really nice in person, wish i could afford one, but i have other bills.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Aug 29 2004, 05:40 AM
Here is a clip of my Vulcan with intake silencer removed, k & n panel, resonator intact, stock muffler replaced with Flowmaster 40 series deltaflow.

Vulcan Clip
:eek: i think im in love............ :banana:

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Craddosk+Aug 31 2004, 09:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Craddosk @ Aug 31 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jason8225@Aug 29 2004, 05:40 AM

Vulcan Clip
:eek: i think im in love............ :banana: [/b][/quote]
:cool_shades: :D

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, i was wondering if you could take a look at this. I just searched for the Flowmaster40 on ebay...

Flowmaster search

... and theres few different types on there with different price ranges. Which is it that i want or that all (that have it) you have?

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bump:
anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If you could get the 40 Series it will awesome. A lot of people have had installed them in their car and all I've seen some good feedback for the sounds it has. They are very very cheap so get one, I really recommend putting flowmasters.

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well looking at ebay, there is a 42541, a 42543, a 430402, a 42443, and a 42441. I know nothing about mufflers, but what im getting from that looking at em is the inlet size and how far off center the outlet is. What inlest size do i need and how far off center. More or less it looks like left, center, right for the off set and a 2.5 and 2.25" inlet. BUT like i said, no nothing of mufflers and thats just my take on it. What am would i be needing here fellas.

I ask because i plan on buying one today, soon as i go to town and put the money in the bank.

kinda of after thought. Anyone try that single to dual mufflar for dual exhaust instead of buying two flowmasters after getting dual exhaust put in it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I had single muffler in my 1997 Sable and I went to the shop and they did a Y-Pipe and I got duals then I put on my flowmaster and it sounded very sweet. At first it will sound sound raspy but then it will be a mellow deep sound. I got the offset in & offset out 2.25".

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So is this what i want?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah, thats the one I got. It sounded pretty mean in my Vulcan but with duals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts