Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get the chance, pick up the 2004 Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalouge. On page 180, you will find item M-6066-R30P, Ranger 3.0L V6 supercharger kit. Retail price is listed at $3,000. No picture or tech notes.

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I've seen them out there - we're aware they exist, it's just that nobody has the time or money to make it work/fit in our cars.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Wow! Thats expencive.. I still dont know about the Vulcan Ranger and the Taurus Vulcan engine compatibility.. Even though they are the same engine, the headers wont fit I think, and stuff lie that..

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
And the system still remains to be street tested...IIRC only one guy on the Ranger's forum has it installed, and it hasn't been the most reliable of systems...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Mar 10 2004, 02:53 PM
I still dont know about the Vulcan Ranger and the Taurus Vulcan engine compatibility.. Even though they are the same engine, the headers wont fit I think, and stuff lie that..
Why would they fit? One motor sits N-S and one site E-W.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Correction, my friends. Just finished another transplant today: 1998 Ranger Vulcan goes into 1997 Taurus. Only problem we ran into was using the original exhaust manifolds (as I believe someone mentioned) from the Taurus, everything else was cake! To go a little off topic, those who have been keepin tabs on what I'm doin' (have been doin' for the past couple of months), is waitin' on my car to get another motor. I overheated the car in in August last year, caused lifter seizure so I bought a used engine from LKQ Corporation (great company). The motor, from a 2002 Taurus, arrived in early September and the guy I had do the job cleared out his garage to work on my car alone. It took him till after the 1st of the year to get that part done. So he gets finished puttin the new motor in (January 9th) and I get it back. He tells me, "Drive it for a week then bring it back and we'll do an analysis to see how it's doin'." After that week, I take it back and we find the engine has a coolant leak..... into the oil! Break down the engine, and find a busted piston. Alright, we're havin' fun now! So, I get ANOTHER engine from these guys (just came in last week< long wait, but free shipping!) and find that it's from a 98 Ranger. Finished up today and it's runnin great! Now, all I need is a new tranny to go along with my new motor (think I'll just get mine rebuilt). All that, just to tell you guys, the only prob you'll run into if you transplant from a Ranger is exhaust manifolds (and CPU of course).

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Mar 11 2004, 12:16 AM
My comment is in regards to the headers fitting and him being surprised that they wouldn't.
I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to the supercharger itself.

And pumaboyairn, thanks for the info about the ranger vulcan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts