Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

well as some of you may remember i been talking about building up my vulcan engine for boost for quite a while.

well it is being worked on right now and so far this is what is being done to the bottom end.

new crankshaft, stock connecting rods, arp bolts for the mains/stud girdle, aftermarket camshaft, forged pistons and chrome piston rings.

the pistons have compression of 9.3:1 and everything is going to be balanced for smoother operation and for better performance.

the bottom end rebuild should be done within 2 weeks as we are waiting for parts to arrive from morana. the top end will be using ported and polished heads that i posted about a while ago, and will be using roller rockers from morana as well. ported the lower intake manifold and will be using for now a stock upper manifold since i got screwed over by jason.

i will be using 3 in cat back custom exhaust which might hurt me on the low end before going forced induction.

it sucks to be poor, and it took me the longest (more than 2 years) to be able to get the money together to have my car (ford probe) up and running again.

The beast will be up and running within 40 days, will keep you guys updated to let you know how this performance rebuild goes.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
That's awesome.
I love to hear about people who have the guts to actually do things without getting the approval of the TCCA peanut gallery first. I mean it's great that we can all share our knowledge about intake silencers, glo gauges, and exhaust resonator removal, but nothing new happens that way. A lot of the regulars here won't do anything without starting a thread about it and seeing what everyone thinks. Inevitably, they end up getting so many "I don't think that will work" or "Do it this way... that's the way everyone else does it" comments that we all end up with the same mediocre mods.
I can't wait to see how everything works out for you.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I can't wait till you finish the project; that'll be one badass vulcan fo sho. Also, please take lots of pics of the during and final results for the peanut gallery @ TCCA.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i already have around 50 pics of the engine from when i took it out of the car, pics of internals (one of my pistons was broken), pics of the bare engine block (btw it weights at exactly 100lb). i will be posting tons of pics so you guys can see the differences between the ported heads and stock, ported exhaust manifold etc.

hope all of this is helpfull to you guys as a reference in the future.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good luck, Probe_Racer. That engine's going to be badass!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Excellent, excellent... I am most interested in seeing the results. If this works, I just may invest in doing this kind of project myself (Though I probably won't because I know me and I tend to ruin things more than fix them...
).

Anyways, best of luck to you. I hope this works for you.
And yes, definitely post some pics, my curiosity overwhelms me once again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
By the way, if you don't mind my asking, how much is this project gonna cost you all together?

·
Registered
177 Posts
can u give me sum specs on the parts u picked out to handle boost? im gonna do the same to my vulcan. cept im gonna run high boost.
once i am done, all these Jokleahoman's will know hte wrath of the vulcan death grip!

A

·
0 Posts
Good luck with the project! Definitely keep us informed of where you got all the products (never seen pistons for the vulcan, where'd you get them?). Are you doing all of the engine work yourself? Details, details, details
I'd love to do that to my vulcan (but w/o the lower compression pistons and forced induction).

Also, what are you going to do about tuning all of that? I assume you have a tuner so that you can get the compuer to agree with all you've done.

J

·
0 Posts
Props to you for taking on this project and good luck, and as everyone else says, KEEP US POSTED! with PIC!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
sounds like an awesome project!!!

Btw,im kinda confused if you are doing this to a taurus or a probe...

·
Registered
18 Posts
He's talking about his probe lol
it sucks to be poor, and it took me the longest (more than 2 years) to be able to get the money together to have my car (ford probe) up and running again.[/b]
Cool Probe racer! pm me about the details, im in the process of fixing up my car as well. My huge dent is the only thing getting in my way. <_< <_<

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again, im going to the machine shop today to see how the engine is going, i most likely going to be taking pics with the digicam if they have the pistons and other stuff.

yeah this is going to be on a ford probe 1991 lx 5spd 3.0v6, we run on map sensors. i will be posting specs of all the parts, as well as the prices of them.

Thanks for your support guys

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update...

not so good news, morana has no more arp bolts for the stud girdle, so im scrambling around looking for studs that will work.. the underdrive pulley its going to be ready until the last week of january
which i need to have the rotating assembly fully balanced, dont want the engine to fall apart !!

im sending a stock piston next week to je pistons to have a set of forged ones built with a .30 overbore as well, since morana its out of these as well.

anyways the engine should still be able to be done pretty soon, the probe on the meanwhile is getting the last suspension parts worked on, and im fininshing porting and polishing the exhaust ports on the heads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts