Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the TCCA site and surfing the web looking for the aparently non-existant LSD for the 3rd Gen. I have a 1999 3.0L Vulcan so I thought I could find a Probe LSD that would work, however that search failed. Can a quaife be modified, or can an LSD be custom built?

Just so you know I'm just bsing the possibilities for the future, possibly looking into the Morana V6 Racing Stroker Motor. If anyone has an opinion on that swap I'd appreciate it also. The install shouldn't be an issue as my buddies and I have done a few engine installs on other cars, but the "experianced tuner" warning on their site scared me about reliability issues. The car would be a daily driver, but few miles (I'm a student at KSU and live in STL so the 400 mi. drive 4 times a year is the most drastic or lengthy driving I'd persue).

If anyone has tranny, Stroker, or LSD options please post!

--KC

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
There is no LSD avalible for either tranny that came woth the taurus. Sonce you have a vulcan, you most likely have an ax4s. Currently "kermit" on the boards here is having an LSD retrofitted into an ax4n. as for the type of LSD and how its being done, no one knows, including myslef. Im guessing it will be somthing close to a phantom grip (junk), but for his sake i hope not. Brad at shofast is doing this conversion, so he may be the guy you would like to speak with.

As for the other stuff, good luck! I hope you catually accomplish your project, as alot of people are all talk.

Brad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not al talk at all. I should have a good internship these next few summers that will net enough money to do the modifications, certaintly i have the drive and the necesary shkill to preform the installs. My only concern is the quality of Morana's work and the driveablity of a car with 250-300 hp on a regular basis. My best estimate is that the engine itself will be my last modification in 3-4 years, suspension and brakes this summer, wheels/tires/interior the next, and then major engine/drivetrain/ecu modification. I want my systems to be in top condition and have all the parts in order and the car exactly where i want it before i make an invertment that will double Hp and worth on the car. thanks for replying.

--KC

PS. GO CARDS! Time to kick some Bo Sox ass!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by bleedsblue@Oct 22 2004, 09:34 AM
certaintly i have the drive and the necesary shkill to preform the installs.
luckily for you, there's no real spelling requirement :)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
dude, it was a joke, even i could tell. It is abvious because it was not even close to a mispelling, clearly a typo.

I think your post is a little worthless if you ask me! :p

(just for thoes that cant tell, im joking around, AKA making fun!)

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
You never know how someone's going to react. In a way, he's saying bleedsblue can't spell. That could most definitely be taken as an insult to someones intelligence, it just all depends on the person.
My point is there was no reason to even post that in the first place when it could be taken the wrong way.

Go on with your regularly scheduled thread.......

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
My LSD as Brad (Shofastperformance.com) tells me is Fully custom, it took 3 -4 weeks to get it in, I'm guessing from a machine shop? (He is the only one that has installed an LSD in an AX4N so he's rather secretive of it) I know Carter (ArkanSHO) has one installed and he's running around 10PSI right now and was running at 14PSI at a point I believe.

Brad's definately the man to contact on that. If you give him a call and talk to him about what you want to do I'm sure he'd be willing to work something out. Even if you just want him to build a transmission and send it to you, so you can put it in.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Oct 22 2004, 01:21 PM
You never know how someone's going to react. In a way, he's saying bleedsblue can't spell. That could most definitely be taken as an insult to someones intelligence, it just all depends on the person.
My point is there was no reason to even post that in the first place when it could be taken the wrong way.

Go on with your regularly scheduled thread.......
what did you call my mama??!!11one! oh wait, i took that the wrong way :D j/k

bleedsblue, if you took any offense to my comment, i apologize.

greenstreak, i try and follow the guidelines to the best of my ability (no infractions yet that i know of! :D). those guidelines include no defamation, harrassing, and hateful posts. unless i directly insult someone, i would hope you would presume me to be innocent unless proven guilty (maybe by asking me?).

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Oct 22 2004, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I feel that comment was very unnecessary. That was a worthless post, and all it's going to do is stir **** up, even if you were just joking around with him.
Baby SHO is just an ass.... I'm surprised he hasn't locked this thread already!!! :D

Seriously though, I'd like to see a built Vulcan. It's proven to be a tough motor.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
:locked: j/k (mumble mumble,pain in my ass spridget, mumble mumble) :lol2:

As for the LSD, i think its nice that someone can do it, but theres no way in hell id purchase one or let him touch my tranny ithout pictures and/or more information on what he is using/modifying.

Example questions i would ask:

Use parts or complete LSD from antoher vehicle design?
Torque bias or lock up?
All gear or clutch or friction based?
bias ratio?

Then baised on the answers you get, i would have more detailed questions.

Not trying to be mean or tick anyone off, but even kermit has virtually no idea what hes paying for. Could be a modified phantom grip!

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Brad's right I really don't know all the technical specs of the LSD, but I really don't care either, It works on a higher torque and horsepower car than mine with no complaints, I feel it will be more than sufficient on my car. Even if it was a modified phantom grip, which it is not.

Not ticked at Brad (spy guy) in anyway, I wish I had to the time to learn all the stuff to build this car up myself, but to me time is money, and I'd rather pay someone with a good reputation to build it up so I can enjoy it sooner. Everyone I talked to excluding one has said good stuff about Brad Hogue (Shofast), and the only thing I know that might not be met is the time schedule, and that's because this is a one off project.

My money is where my mouth is at this point, and I feel extremely confident in his abilities, and with him contacting me on average 3 times a week, I feel he is one of the best people I have been able to do business with.

Definately call around and research as much as you can, but there isn't much out there, either get a manual and do TONS of custom fabrication, which is awesome! Or get an LSD for the Tranny which in the end will probably cost a lot less, as you don't have to fabricate things like subframe brackets, a center console for the shifter, a place for the clutch, computer tuning to ignore the computer.

Weigh your options carefully and think about maintenance and how far you want to get into it.

Another adavantage for the LSD in the AX4N is that Brad Hogue could rebuild an AX4N he has the way you want it and have you leave the car for a week and pull your old one out and install that rebuilt one with the LSD and have it ready to go the following weekend. He's willing to work out things like that for you so you have the least downtime possible.

That's my 2 cents (actually a lot more) take it as you will, just weigh your options carefully.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help with information on an LSD. Baby SHO, you are a **** but you know your **** so I respect that. But don't insult my intelligence especially on an open post to a new member, someone you don't know. If you've got a problem with my spelling PM me. For the intelligence issue I'm an engineering student at KSU with a 3.75 GPA and GOD FORBID I forget to use the spellcheck! Oops you pissed me off :) . Anyway KSU killed Nebraska today, just like the Cards are gonna do to the Bo Sox tonight! Have a good night.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I think Brad (BabySHO) was sticking up for you? no? :confused:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by bleedsblue@Oct 23 2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for your help with information on an LSD. Baby SHO, you are a **** but you know your **** so I respect that. But don't insult my intelligence especially on an open post to a new member, someone you don't know. If you've got a problem with my spelling PM me. For the intelligence issue I'm an engineering student at KSU with a 3.75 GPA and GOD FORBID I forget to use the spellcheck! Oops you pissed me off :) . Anyway KSU killed Nebraska today, just like the Cards are gonna do to the Bo Sox tonight! Have a good night.
:eek: :blink: :unsure:
this is destined to be ugly...I just feel it

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
rember
Arguing online is like being the sticker person at walmart

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by bleedsblue@Oct 23 2004, 06:10 PM
EXCUSE ME? i was sticking up for you. Please reread the last few posts before calling me a **** "in an open forum".

So sorry for being a ****..... :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
If anything it's a stab at me, but I understand Brad just has a different viewpoint, but we're both trying to achieve the same thing.

To each their own, but for all the love of a taurus.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
GO Taurus! Damn I miss mine even tho it was a Vulcan she did me well. :( Can I ride in yours Kermit? haha SHO powah! or maybe Supercharged TEC powah! :notworthy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so.... :( . I'm the ****. sorry for the mixup. I was..uhhh... "tailgating" all day before I posted that.

I'm a nice guy usually both sober and otherwise so please don't judge the new guy on a stupid mistake.

I give props to BabySHO for politely bringing my attention to my OWN dumbass mistake. I apologize to everyone involved. Never drink and type... :unsure:

--KC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts