Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 3.0 vulcan, and want to get a chip and new injectors where can in get 19 lb/hr injectors for my ball less bull

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many i need, i suck at car stuff. and are there any adverse effects it will cause on my engine?
and what kind of mustang do i get them from 4.6 5.0 and what year?

·
Registered
151 Posts
6 of them, it should matter what kind of stang, well duh it does some have huge injectors, just make sure their 19 and they are universal....motorcrafts are a good start

·
Registered
160 Posts
Why stop at 19#? I thought the bigger the better, just change the duty cycle to be less to have the same amount of fuel.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
if you go too big, you will have throttle response issues. the duty cycle can get too small. I would go with 19#, unless you plan on NO2 or something. 19# injectors can support something like 215HP at the crank.

FI size = (HP * BSFC)/(Clyinders * Duty cycle)
BSFC = ~.045 for N/A
Duty Cycle = 85% for ford injectors.

as for what mustangs, I think any late nineties v8 should work. Not 100% sure. I got mine from a 98 v8.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Changing injectors when no more fuel is required is a waste of money. You will get NO gain.

Invest in a Chiltons book... It'll teach you a lot about your car.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
right, but if you do the equation I posted, putting in 160 HP you get 14.1 lbs/hr. that's with perfectly clean injectors. If you spend money to allow more air into the combustion chamber, you will quickly run out of fuel. True, larger injectors BY THEMSELVES won't add any more HP, but they will allow your other mods to get more out of your engine.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Mmmmmm 24# injectors........272 HP. :jumpingjoy:

-mobiuslogic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts