Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
This image really helped me find the VSS.
I am having a bear of a time, finding mine on my 95 Taurus, well documented and photodocumentd, to the ire of some, on Bob Is The Oil Guy. Some people rather really hate me and want to kill me over there.

Anyways, the part still needs to be changed, so, onward I go.

I appear to be looking in the wrong place. I am looking by the firewall. I will next focus on under Cylinder #2.. and I saw a video for an AX4N on Youtube out of a 96, mine is in a different place. His (96 3.0) is here

I will re-read the thread, I hope I didn't mash any gear so bad that fluid change and new sensors will smooth it out. My speedo dances, and my 1-2 shift is never the same twice. Can be everything from 100% perfect to "wow did the trans fall out after that."

Trying to apply this advice:

1- reach in with the left hand while standing at the right fender. Feel for the VSS just below the #2 cylinder. It is on TOP of the transmission. You may need to pull back a heat shield.
2- Pull off the electrical connector. Remove the 10mm bolt with a box / open end combo wrench.
3- The VSS pulls straight out toward the driver's side.
4- The new VSS pushes straight in toward the passenger side. Bolt it. Plug it. Drive it.
Any other "pro tips?" I have daylight, and a tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Overdrive

is the VSS located in the same spot on a 1997 Taurus 3.0 Lt.? I can't seem to figure out why I don't have overdrive..... The car runs great and shifts fine other than getting overdrive... If any answers,please feel free to let me know.....Thanks

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.