Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I know some other SHO owners like to go with SVT Cobra rotor/calipers or atleast calipers on their cars.

The problem with this is that requires re-drilling the lug bolt pattern from 5 * 4 1/2 to 5 * 4 1/4.

I was curious if anyone had any information on possibly using Volvo S60 R Brembo's as they are 13" Rotors with 4 Piston Brembo calipers. And they are allready 5 * 4 1/4 bolt pattern. Would I need a custom caliper bracket, could I use one made for a SVT Cobra caliper? Any information would be appreciated

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by LHouse707@Jul 6 2006, 02:59 PM
Hello all.

I know some other SHO owners like to go with SVT Cobra rotor/calipers or atleast calipers on their cars.

The problem with this is that requires re-drilling the lug bolt pattern from 5 * 4 1/2 to 5 * 4 1/4.

I was curious if anyone had any information on possibly using Volvo S60 R Brembo's as they are 13" Rotors with 4 Piston Brembo calipers. And they are allready 5 * 4 1/4 bolt pattern. Would I need a custom caliper bracket, could I use one made for a SVT Cobra caliper? Any information would be appreciated
Hmmm. I haven't heard of anyone using these but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The calipers from an SVT Cobra would work if you use SVT Calipers. If you were going to use the four piston calipers you would have to check some things out. Mainly are the threads the same for the taurus and Volvo for the caliper brakets. It would also more than likely need custom lines which isn't that big a deal. Also you would need at least 17" wheels. Good luck. Let us know if you pursue this and how it works.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The S60 R's calipers are also fixed vs the Cobra's floating so that will make mounting a bit more of a pain...

I am also toying with the idea of maybe changing the spindles completely over to SVT Cobra ones... 5 * 4 1/2 lug pattern, which means good rims! :woot:

·
Registered
23 Posts
doesnt the Volvo also use a bolt lug system too...Im pretty sure it does...its pretty easy to do a stud conversion though if it is a lug bolt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone investigated more into this? It looks like an S60R rotor with a spacer between it and the hub coupled with the Cobra brackets and calipers would fit fine. I have no idea about what wheels could be used. I currently have 17" Focus wheels and I imagine it'd be tight or not fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts