Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago my speakers reduced the volume and sounded crackled and blown when at a high volume. They haven't done it in a while until today. They do it when at high volume and only on the ipod input of my deck. It doesn't do it on the radio. it has happened multiple times today. Its not the speakers cuz it happened on the originals and now i have new speakers. I'm amping the speakers tonight and I'm gonna see if they still do it. Any idea whats causing it? The actual radio control volume doesn't change, just the speakers themselves.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A couple weeks ago my speakers reduced the volume and sounded crackled and blown when at a high volume. They haven't done it in a while until today. They do it when at high volume and only on the ipod input of my deck. It doesn't do it on the radio. it has happened multiple times today. Its not the speakers cuz it happened on the originals and now i have new speakers. I'm amping the speakers tonight and I'm gonna see if they still do it. Any idea whats causing it? The actual radio control volume doesn't change, just the speakers themselves.
FYI, ipods are not sound quality mp3 players, the iPod Touch is the best they have, SQ-wise, and that's nothing to run home about; unless you're running it through USB then you might have a radio decoder problem (usually not likely). And I'm assuming there's no crackling on your computer speakers with the same songs either. To reduce the crackling, I would suggest turning down the volume on the iPod or getting a 3.5mm/usb cable with heavier wire.

Does it just happen with your ipod or every media device (eg. laptop, portable dvd player, etc....)?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its through usb. idk what the problem is. it hasnt happened since i posted this. now that my amp is in im hoping it doesnt happen. it mostly likely has nothing to do with the ipod.

its the weirdest thing. the speakers just fade down in volume and as theyre fading down, the music becomes extremely crackley. and then fades back up in full quality. its really weird it last about 5 seconds before it goes back to normal. it happens completely randomly. the speakers are not blown. just so nobody says that thinking im a dumbass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts