Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Not sure, but you may have a problem when you get the car inspected if you take the stickers off. I think that in Jersey, they check for them, although I might be wrong. Also, don't know where you live or what your state's inspection procedures are...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
In my 00' I took the sticker off but it left a spot under it where it was. I think my new car has it painted in the fabric or something. I just left it alone and am living with it. I did try to take the stickers off of my rear seat where the lower teathers are but I think they painted these into the leather aswell. :angry:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Come on, what does a stupid sticker on a sun visor got to do with a state inspection?!!! Depending on how you've got the seat adjusted, that visor and sticker are right in your face. I think that's more of a hazzard than anything.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Actually, it could have alot to do with state inspection. Depending on the laws of your individual state, you might be required to retain all original safety equipment, including warning labels. You might want to check that out.

JR

·
Registered
186 Posts
...that visor and sticker are right in your face. I think that's more of a hazzard than anything.

Huh? LOL. That sounds like pilot error. Visors are adjustable for a reason. If you "adjust your seat" or the visor so it's "right in your face", then whose fault is that?

And how would that make the sticker a hazard? Whether it's there or not, you would have adjusted your seat or the visor to be "right in your face".

If your state doesn't require any inspection, then it probably doesn't make any difference if the sticker is there or not. And in that case, you might want to remove the visor altogether. You know, for safety reasons.

If you decide to keep risk your life an keep your visor, it might be easier to put some kind of cover over it. Removing the sticker might just leave an ugly spot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The angle of the windshield is a lot different from any car I've had before. The windshield is bigger and it starts back closer to the seat. I have a sun screen that I used on a Lumina APV, which had a huge windshield, and it wasn't big enough for the Taurus. If I adjust the seat where it's comfortable for me, the visor and the ugly sticker are closer than any vehicle I've driven before. The sticker isn't necessary; it's pretty ugly.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 12 2004, 07:27 AM
The sticker is necessary, according to federal traffic safety laws. Maybe Troper or acreature could chime in on this...

JR
I believe it's a NTSB issue. there needs to be a warning because of children sitting in the front seat and stuff like that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I covered part of mine with a blank white address label, so that only the part that says 'Warning: Death or serious injury may occur' shows. I think that's all my passengers need to know. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts