Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (97 Blue Taurus Vulcan @ Jan 8 2010, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=777964
We flew in on time. We're going to the Navy Pier today.[/b]
Museum of Natural History, Museum of Science & Industry, Art Institute of Chicago, Sears (Willis) Tower, etc...all pretty close together.

Oh, and Mecca itself -- soldier field.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yesterday, when we got in we ate lunch on Lou Malnatis Pizza on 8th & State. We walked around in the snow for a while, picked up a scarf & gloves in some shop on State St, and went to the 2 story McDonalds that has the MLK tribute on the 2nd floor on State St. We went to the Museum of Contemporary Photography to find it was closed.

We got student tickets to the Blue Man Group, picked up some boots from Sports Authority, then to the Killer Margaritas and had a drink & chips & salsa, then went to see the Blue Man Group. Last night, we watched some kids snow boarding across the street from the hotel. It's a really nice view from the hotel.

I have to say that the gear we got in BR did not sufficiently prepare us for the trip. We went to the Navy Pier and Sears Tower today.

Plan to go to the Chicago Institute of Art tomorrow. Maybe some ice skating tonight.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Awesome. :D Glad you enjoyed the trip!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Once you've had Chicago-style, you can never go back. :p

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It was very cold when we went, but that didn't stop us from having a good time. Plus, my gf had never been around real snow before. She had a blast.

There was plenty to do and see. We were within walking distance of a lot of things. We drank a lot of hot chocolate!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
It's been a long time since I've seen anyone so happy about snow being on the ground... :eek:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts