Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Viper - 1 , Would-be Jacker - 0

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Schimmel_98 
#1 ·
Well, I had to go to the bank today. Not my normal bank, but a different bank to cash a check someone wrote me. Well, I marked on the outside of the parking garage in the 15 minute parking in broad daylight, though my driver's door was facing away from the building. I had to go to the other side of the parking garage and up a flight of stairs to get to the bank,

When I got back, I tried to remote start my car from accross the lot, but didn't hear it start. I just assumed I had a bad signal or something. When I got to where I could see the rear end of the car, I disabled the alarm and hit the remote start. It started right up. As I rounded the last car, I could see what it didn't start... My driver's side door was wide open! I figure someone tried to jack the car or at least broke in with a Slim Jim or something, but the alarm frightened them off. The alarm had disabled the starter and all. My GPS and cell phone were still in the cup holder where I had left them surprising enough. All my audio stuff was still in the trunk and working, although it would take someone 10 minutes just to get the amp and cap out the way I have it wired up and bolted down.

Thank goodness for my Viper system! Yay DEI!

-Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
27 reads and no comments? I can just here you all muttering "shame they didn't get the bastards car"

-Dan

#4 ·
it has been driving me nuts not having my viper working at the moment. i undid the battery cable to do some stereo work and the unit lost all the programming, and now i cant arm/disarm/remote start my car

glad to hear yours worked well for you though

#5 ·
what viper series do u have? i have the 350, it works great, any signs on ur door jam that they used a slim jim? the alarm is the 1st thing we did to the car, since it has to go to detroit every day, u might want to also invest in THE CLUB

#6 ·
I have the Viper 550 (Alarm + Shock sensor + remote start). I didn't look at the door closely cause I needed to get to work. I kinda looked at it from through the window and I didn't see any real sign of entry on the rubber window weather seal, but then again, a slim jim is supposed to be pretty non-evasive.

-Dan

#7 ·
glad to see the alarm did its job and saved your ride. glad no one got away with any of your stuff. freaking theives had a simlar thing happen to my el camino at wal-mart as i ran in and out with 15 min time frame and my viper stopped them as well.

#8 ·
Ill definatly keep this in mind. Glad to hear the Viper stopped them Dant. How much does a Viper alarm w/out remote start run these days?

#10 ·
we paid 250? or something installed for ours, no remote start or windows, but it gets the job done and came with a cool blue led

#11 ·
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Mar 15 2004, 07:29 PM
we paid 250? or something installed for ours, no remote start or windows, but it gets the job done and came with a cool blue led
Sounds good. Ill set aside a little money for one. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.