Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the vin numbers are located on a 1993 taurus, v6 4 door. there's one on the dash, one on the driver door panel, but i need a third one to get this thing titled....any help would greatly appreciated.
thanks everyone, this is my first post....i have this car inspected and ready to go, but i need to get that title.....driveway idling is getting old.....help!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Why do they require a 3rd identification of the VIN number? AFAIK there is only two places where you can find the number and you've already discovered them. Besides, if they match, it should be good enough.

BTW, welcome to the club! You'll like it here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you said that there was a VIN on the drivers door panel, do you actually mean on the edge of the drivers door? If not, then there is one there on the FMVSS sticker there, (also known as the "tire pressure sticker").

There is one more but you probably won't like it's location. It is etched into the sheet metal of the cowl top. To access it you have to pull the dash (or at least pull it back 6 inches or so). It will be located almost at the base of the windshield. I'm just not sure if the Taurus/Sable has theirs located there but I know of at least 5 other FoMoCo car lines that have them located in that spot.

Good luck and welcome to the group. I joined up the day before you did. I guess I'm no longer the new kid on the block!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts