Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I removed the intake silencer on my car, decided to make a video. Hope this helps someone out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2D0b1A5whs

What do y'all think?

Keywords: remove intake silencer 2000 2001 2002 2003 gen 4 G4

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Bout time someone did that. Saving the link to give to the noobz :)

The factory notch in the factory jack will actually go into the notch in that rail rather than on the skirt.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
What was with the trying to open your door???

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bout time someone did that. Saving the link to give to the noobz :)

The factory notch in the factory jack will actually go into the notch in that rail rather than on the skirt.
[/b]
Oh good to know...I'll redo the video later or something. Thanks!

What was with the trying to open your door???
[/b]
I was trying to get into the car to get something...I guess with the car jacked up like that you can't open the door cause of the vehicle flexing.

Thanks for the video, But what did you think of the results?
[/b]
It is certainly louder. There is no MPG difference that I have noticed. It's not obnoxiously loud...but I also have a K&N panel air filter. I like it, but you may not notice a difference personally. But you can at least say you did it for bragging rights :lol2:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
can someone tell me how I get the intake silencer out of my gen 4? need help bad.
[/b]
n0000000000000bbb!!!! ATTACK THE WEAK AND STUPID!!!!! :punchdoc:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Nick I think you gotta force pull the door open. These doors tend to stick a little. My dad's 04 SES has this on the rear driver door.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick I think you gotta force pull the door open. These doors tend to stick a little. My dad's 04 SES has this on the rear driver door.
[/b]
My doors open AOK when it ain't jacked up :) How's your door alignment? Maybe lube up the rubber seals on the doors?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Rubber gloves?

Come on, Nick... :p

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rubber gloves?

[/b]
It sure as heck beats cleaning all that crud out of your hands and nails. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Rubber gloves?

[/b]
It sure as heck beats cleaning all that crud out of your hands and nails. :lol2:
[/b][/quote]

Chicks dig a man who can work on a car so why not have proof of it? Plus there is nothing more manly than smelling like various automotive fluids. I know how Ford can save themselves from ruin: Sell Merconv V cologne and hair gel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does this really even do anything? How loud does it make the intake? Isn't there a hole left where the silencer used to be?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this really even do anything? How loud does it make the intake? Isn't there a hole left where the silencer used to be?
[/b]
If you'll watch the video, you'll see that yes, there is a hole left where the silencer used to be. Look about 2:20 in.

I don't have a decibel meter, but there is a difference with the silencer removed...nothing substantial though. You gain nothing but a louder intake.

A dremel tool will work quite nicely for cutting a nice smooth line instead of tugging so much. It proved fairly easy on my G3.
[/b]
G3 design is different from the G4, no need to cut :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know man, i took it off, and i didn't really even hear a difference. I don't know, maybe it doesn't kick in until you get your foot into it. Oh well

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
honestly, just taking out the silencer is a bit overrated.

where you really notice it is when you do the k&n and then remove the entire intake pipe and then run a hose from the end of the box into the fender, that definetly have the most power you will ever get from a taurus intake.

if you have that setup and then you go to a open WAI you really can notice the negative difference, i have done it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Nice video, Nick!
:thumb:

QUOTE (s2knott @ Apr 3 2009, 12:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714868
honestly, just taking out the silencer is a bit overrated.

where you really notice it is when you do the k&n and then remove the entire intake pipe and then run a hose from the end of the box into the fender, that definetly have the most power you will ever get from a taurus intake.

if you have that setup and then you go to a open WAI you really can notice the negative difference, i have done it.[/b]
:picard2:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts