Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right click save as

Just some snow drifting and a couple 1/4 mile runs. My editing skills are almost to a 2nd grade level. It took me like 3 hours just to get those clips together.
I tried to put some background music to it, but I couldnt get it to work right.

Anyone know any good video editing software titles? I amusing Ulead VideoStudio 6.0 and I'm not very impressed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Final Cut Express (or Final Cut Pro if you can afford it)
Adobe Premiere

M

·
0 Posts
i like how in the 3rd clip (??) you can hear your tires off the start line... awesome

i give it two thumbs up just because i love your taurus!!

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
It's kind of sad to see a nice gen4 like that turned into a winter beater.

But it's kind of funny how you made your girlfriend(I think I heard a girl in one of the clips) stand out in the snow while you were having fun.

Do more interior shots of acceleration, and try to get some races on tape. One of these days, somebody has got to document the cassic "WTF?? I just lost to a taurus" facial expression.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
u didnt have the 17's on during the snow, did you

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way, those rims have never seen any amount of salt.

And yeah thats my gf.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Umm, I dont know much about cars (actually next to nothing), but isnt that some severe abuse to a car? Thats my question, cant a wheel fall off or something? Or the emergency brake cable snap?

FWIW: My brothers friend was put in jail for doing a doughnut in a completely empty parking lot! Something to remember the next time you think your having some harmless fun...

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I never went over redline, so whats the problem? Its not a Vulcan that would explode at 6k rpm.

And as far as the "wheel falling off" or my e-brake cable being broken, get real. There is more stress on the wheel taking a 20mph corner on dry pavement then sliding sideways on snow. The e-brake is not getting anymore abuse than pushing it in when parking. It's not hard to lock up the rear tires when on snow.

And FWIW for the 1st 28k mles on the car I freakin babied it. Never went above 3k rpm, always took off gentle, no WOT. You know what that rewarded me with? A blown up tranny at 2,500 miles (yes 2,500 from brand new) and a blown up engine at 28k miles. It now has 77k on it and has had zero problems since I started "abusing"it.

And if you think that is abuse, you should see what I do with my mustang.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Jan 22 2004, 10:18 PM

I never went over redline, so whats the problem? Its not a Vulcan that would explode at 6k rpm.

And as far as the "wheel falling off" or my e-brake cable being broken, get real. There is more stress on the wheel taking a 20mph corner on dry pavement then sliding sideways on snow. The e-brake is not getting anymore abuse than pushing it in when parking. It's not hard to lock up the rear tires when on snow.

And FWIW for the 1st 28k mles on the car I freakin babied it. Never went above 3k rpm, always took off gentle, no WOT. You know what that rewarded me with? A blown up tranny at 2,500 miles (yes 2,500 from brand new) and a blown up engine at 28k miles. It now has 77k on it and has had zero problems since I started "abusing"it.

And if you think that is abuse, you should see what I do with my mustang.
True story.

21k on mine and it sees WOT everyday. Not a single issue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Windows Movie Maker 2 is a nice, free program for video editing.

I am impressed with the way the Taurus handles in the snowy parking lot towards the end. How fast did you get it up to before you turned?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I never went over redline, so whats the problem? Its not a Vulcan that would explode at 6k rpm. [/b]
I resent that! I have a vulcan and it happilly revs to 6000 rpm, and only sounds like it wants to blow up. haha.

Dude that video rocks!! I saw your car a long long time ago on cardomain. i dig the stang and the cl too. Sweet rides. Peace!

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am impressed with the way the Taurus handles in the snowy parking lot towards the end. How fast did you get it up to before you turned?[/b]
Thats the problem with taping, it wont get out of shape in the snow without doing something rediculous to cause it (ie. e-brake) My taurus is really awesome in snow, which is an attribute for sure.
I had it in 1st because I didnt wan it to shift into second while I was trying to spin around, so I would say maybe 25-30mph

I havent been on cardomain in awhile, I should probably update that stuff.

X

·
0 Posts
Damn, that's pretty tight. Wish I had snow over here

Are the gen4 gauges really that green?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
That rocks :)

Can we get some layin down the rubber action next time too

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
nice video

BTW the ebrake on in the snow doesnt harm it at all...... if you tried that on pavement...i think that'd be a different story

·
Registered
559 Posts
man some one has to teach you how to do tale wips in snow
better. I'll come and show you how its done

1 - 20 of 28 Posts