Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a video of my gen3 SHO, i drive around a bit to. Just changed out power steering rack because old one leaked. Also in the video is my 88 wagon in pieces, and the 91 Sable Wagon clunker!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That SHO freakin' scoots. Wow. And sounds good doing it.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wait...I thought the issue with 98 SHOs was the ABS module, that went flakey and caused irregular speedometer readings...

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i think its the wire that leads to the speedo. The car is great on long trip, so comfy and smooth!! Sable LS is still around.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I LOVE the sound of the Gen3 SHO. Love the high rpm screem of the V6 but there is just something about that V8 sound! Here is my Gen 2 1st gear pull not quite WOT.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I so want a G3 SHO to ad to my fleet! Damn it Chris!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wait...I thought the issue with 98 SHOs was the ABS module, that went flakey and caused irregular speedometer readings...
It is. A new speedo won't do anything. Ever figure out your top end issue?

Mine sounds better :p

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
SHO sounds beautiful. Also can't wait to see how the Shwagon turn out :)

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I really enjoy the unique paint on the gen 1 sho wagon, cant wait to see it running! both shos sound exceptional and make my gen4.5 sound like a prius:p

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is. A new speedo won't do anything. Ever figure out your top end issue?
No, never figured it out. Who need to drive past 124 anyways! lol.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You don't, but I'm sure it would be a good thing to figure it out. By the video I'd say the secondaries are opening so that isn't it.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
That Gen 3 sounds nice and smooth! Nice car, but next time have a buddy shoot the vids and keep 2 hands on the wheel! LOL!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I think the Taurus bug bit you.... Looking forward to seeing the progress of the SHO swap into the wagon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts