Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i have a 2000 taur with the vulcan ffv. 66,xxx miles. Lately Ive been noticing a slight vibration under hard acceleration. Its nothing violent, but this is the first time its done it. the car is due for an oil change in about 1000 miles, and a trans flush in about 3000 miles. Any ideas? Actually, this has only happened after i did the strut locator tab mod and lowered the front more. Help me out folks! Thanks a mill.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as i know, i have enough room. I have about 1/2" between the cv and the strut. Thats the clearence that I have seen most people have that do the mod.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Could be your inner CV joints wearing out. Since the car is lowered, the joints will now be operating at a slightly different angle, which could make a problem more noticeable. Is it only during acceleration, or will it do it at any steady speeds? Does shifting into neutral at the speeds it happens make it go away?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it only happens when im accelerating. might be part tires too.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Have you aligned your car after the mods?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crap! i still need to do that. I never really thought of that since the car tracks perfect and the camber looks good. oh well, off to the alignment shop for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts