Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed two things:

1. When the car is around 80MPH I get a noticed vibration in the steering wheel and somewhat in the pedals also. It is not there below that speed; I have been too afraid to go above 80 recently.

2. The is a single "clunk" noise when I turn the steering wheel. It also sometimes happens when I apply the brakes. The sound only happens once every time I turn.

I am more of an engine guy and not familiar with suspension issues at all. I had the tie rod ends replaced last year, and just replaced the passenger's side sway bar endlink. I had the local Tuffy look at it but they didn't see anything wrong.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
The high speed vibration could be wheel balancing. I had a vibration that would nearly rip the steering wheel from my hand over about 65MPH. Got the wheels balanced and aligned, vibration gone.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. The wheels should still be balanced from when I had them put on two years ago, but I will have them double checked. Also, the tires have been rotated since I started noticing the vibration.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I would recommend having your tires balanced at 4 times a year. I don't know what condition your roads are in, but here in Houston I have mine done every 3rd oil change, and rotated.

Rudy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.