Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my taurus or lesabre, it seems sometimes at a stop with the car in drive, it will sometimes vibrate, and other times not.

The taurus does it whenever, but the lesabre only does it when it is 1/2 way warmed up on a cool day like 50 degrees.

Anything that can really be done or just something ya gotta live with?
About the mileage, well, the taurus has always been that way and the lesabre is still too new to me, not even 1,000 miles under my name.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Originally posted by impatient95@Mar 3 2004, 04:24 PM
On my taurus or lesabre, it seems sometimes at a stop with the car in drive, it will sometimes vibrate, and other times not.

The taurus does it whenever, but the lesabre only does it when it is 1/2 way warmed up on a cool day like 50 degrees.

Anything that can really be done or just something ya gotta live with?
About the mileage, well, the taurus has always been that way and the lesabre is still too new to me, not even 1,000 miles under my name.
When was the last time you had a tune-up?? Old plug wires, distributor cap, and plugs can make them idle rough. That's my first guess.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing and when I took it in to get it looked at the guy said I need a major tune-up to the tune of $275. Umm . . . yeah. I'm going to hold off on that.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
a tuneup on a vulcan is easy to do.. up to $70 worth or parts and 2 hrs and ur done. its pretty simple

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Mar 3 2004, 07:54 PM
a tuneup on a vulcan is easy to do.. up to $70 worth or parts and 2 hrs and ur done. its pretty simple
What parts do you exactly need for a "major" tune-up?

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
im not sure about a "major" one, but plugs, wires, cap & rotor, air filter, make sure all fluids are topped. i think thats it, maybe a cabin airfilter if u really want..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts