Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am having a problem diagnosing a problem on my 2001 Vulcan Wagon 3.0l.
What has been changed so far....
pass.side half shaft(cv)
pass. ball joint
pass. bearing assy.

Tranny was slipping and a Reman Valve body was installed with all new solenoids...fixed the slippage....but now I have a hard vibration under acceleration...when i let off the gas it goes away....I am going to change the driver side half shaft(cv) as well to rule that option out.....I just hope it isn't the transmission itself.....has anyone had any similar problem...and if so what was the corrective measure???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am having a problem diagnosing a problem on my 2001 Vulcan Wagon 3.0l.
What has been changed so far....
pass.side half shaft(cv)
pass. ball joint
pass. bearing assy.

Tranny was slipping and a Reman Valve body was installed with all new solenoids...fixed the slippage....but now I have a hard vibration under acceleration...when i let off the gas it goes away....I am going to change the driver side half shaft(cv) as well to rule that option out.....I just hope it isn't the transmission itself.....has anyone had any similar problem...and if so what was the corrective measure???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
In addition to the bit ticket items:
Consider that the engine could have a miss under load.

You might be kicking yourself it you replace the half shaft, ball joint, tie rod ends, and then find you have a bad plug wire.:angry:

-chart-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just hope its not the trans....but I am reading on the fourms and other sites that my symptoms may also be Torque Converter related (shudder/vibration).....I will change the last axle this weekend and the wires to rule out a miss-fire....and will post any positive or negative feedback on Monday....Thanks for all the input so far....

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
ive had tc shudder on my crown vic for the last 7 yrs. just annoying hasnt harmed anything.... a total trans fluid change including the tc is supposed to solve the problem. this is a common problem with ford crown vics. havent heard of any cross over to the bulls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this shudder....isn't a mild shudder, I wouldn't mind if it was something mild....but when it does the shudder/shake, the whole car shakes...front end and the dash....I still haven't got around to change the driver side C.V. axle.....but I will this week just to rule out that possibility.
Thanks for all the comments so far ....

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
If you have a miss you should have an error code with the check engine light on.

I had the same problem with my Sable. Cruise and no vibration. Accelerate and you get vibration, this happen between 40 and 50 mph.

And you're right its a bad CV axle, passenger side. In most cases the passenger side axle will go bad before the driver's side because the outside of the road is dirtier and rougher than the inside of the road.

Monsoon

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too had a nasty shudder on acceleration, it was a cv joint but certainly felt like something worse. Mine was from stop with heavy foot on the gas pedal. good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts