Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I purchased what is now my 4th Taurus and it vibrates when under braking conditinos at highway speeds down to about 35 mph. I have read other posts about rotors and I would normally agree that they should be replaced, but I have just replaced them 5,000 miles or less ago. I also noticed this when I bought the car and seller told me he just had the rotors turned and I noticed the same problem then. I changed out the rotors and pads and it helped lesson the problem but it was still there. I also have a small vibration in the wheel on smooth black top roads and when I apply the brakes it amplifies and causes the wheel to chuck back and forth and some pulsation in the pedal. The problem appears to be getting worse as time goes on. I have read where this same issue was caused by bad motor mounts. Thank you for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
not sure what it could be but a guess is if its not the rotors and pads and your 100% sure they arent warped or dirty then it could be a bent rim or unbalanced tires because your noticing this at higher speeds when the tires are spinning faster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts