Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Taurus last night and noticed today that the gas pedal vibrates whil driving. Everything else is smooth as can be (no steering wheel wobble, no shaking while braking, doesn't pull to one side, no hesitation when accelerating, etc.). It's just the gas pedal that vibrates. Anyone have any ideas? Is this something I should even worry about?

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
When I bought my 2004 LX it had the gas pedal vibration. I took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. There was a service bulletin about this, so you may still be able to get this fix done at no cost.

I believe it had something to do with the accelerator cable routing. It was laying against something that caused the vibration to be transmitted to the pedal.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Check this TSB out:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Check this TSB out:
[/b]
I have a 2004 Taurus with same problem.(purchased car new) Will Ford cover this problem after the 3yr/36,000?
[/b][/quote]
That's something you should take up with the dealer you originally purchased the car from. If the miles are low, and you've been going to them for awhile, maybe they will in good faith.

However, since it's been over 3 years since you bought the car, you will have to pay for the service to be performed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Nov 7 2008, 09:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=674404
QUOTE (Rich_04 @ Nov 7 2008, 08:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=674392
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Nov 4 2008, 07:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=673587
Check this TSB out:[/b]
I have a 2004 Taurus with same problem.(purchased car new) Will Ford cover this problem after the 3yr/36,000?
[/b][/quote]
That's something you should take up with the dealer you originally purchased the car from. If the miles are low, and you've been going to them for awhile, maybe they will in good faith.

However, since it's been over 3 years since you bought the car, you will have to pay for the service to be performed.
[/b][/quote]

I just ran across the Accelerator Pedal Vibration TSB 04-26-14 for the 3.0L 4v (Duratec).
This is a procedure that is easily done by most anyone. It involves rerouting the accelerator cable
over the air intake snorkel tube (from the current location which is under the air intake snorkel tube) and clipping on a automotive zip tie to hold it in place.

I performed this on my 04 Mercury Sable wagon and it eliminated the vibration I felt in the 37 - 42 MPH range thru the accelerator pedal.

k8crd
michgan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts