Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some very interesting information while searching the internet. I found that while the Taurus was still successful (best seller in country still...) Ford was planning on slightly redesigning the Thunderbird and putting it on a modified *FWD* Taurus platform. The new T-Bird had slightly different front and rear end styling, revised interior, etc. A FWD T-Bird, can you believe it? It was supposed to be the 1998 T-Bird. The Taurus dropped in 97 from the best sellers list and plans were scrapped. The T-Bird was discontinued in 1997. Thats basically all the info I got.

ALSO...check out the wheels, while they are the same as the wheels on the 99 Sport and 99 SHO...they have the charcoal inserts like on the 2003 Centennial Edition Taurus. Keep in mind this pic is a spy shot from 1997...so the wheels used on the 03 Taurus actually originated from 1997.

See pic!

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
whoa thats weird.... interesting, but weird.

ooh! what about a taurus... on a rwd thunderbird platform!?! *droolz*

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
The wheels don't look quite the same for some reason. I could be wrong, but to me they just look very similar, not quite a perfect match.........
crappy pic quality doesn't help either
Anyone have good pics of centennial wheels or 99 SHO wheels to compare with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts