Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls help me on this guys: the problem is the smell from the outside is coming through inside the car, how can I fixed this? thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
as in like dead skunk type of smells? there really is no way to prevent it unless you turn off your climate control entirely...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops sorry to confuse you on my post, what I mean is whatever the smell from outside it goes inside, for example if an old bus running in front of you all the exhaust smell will suffocate all the person inside, or if I passed by stinking canal. And I don’t think I have climate control, or should I consider also the switch of the A/C. Is the MAX A/C switch open the vent as well?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
AFAIK no matter what setting it is in it still draws air from outside the car. hopefully someone that knows for sure will pipe up.
you could try replacing the cabin air filter with a new one if your car has it (probably wont help much with the hole smell thing but never hurts to have a fresh filter in there) you could spray an air freshener on the filter or in your vents but the smells will most likely just combine

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jun 23 2009, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734440
AFAIK no matter what setting it is in it still draws air from outside the car. hopefully someone that knows for sure will pipe up.
you could try replacing the cabin air filter with a new one if your car has it (probably wont help much with the hole smell thing but never hurts to have a fresh filter in there) you could spray an air freshener on the filter or in your vents but the smells will most likely just combine[/b]
i already replace my cabin air filter, you mean all the tauri and sable have same issue as mine?! is anyone notice this?! i drove mitsubishi gallant before but dont remember experience this.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
every car i have ever driven without the re-circulate button has always done this

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Replace or check the weather stripping?

Are their gaps in the window or door?

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
MAX AC recirculates the air in the car and does not use the external vent feed for air.
They sell a carbon vent filter for the Taurus, get one and it will reduce the outside odors.
A thirteen year old car might have some missing weather stripping and that may contribute to the issue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Jun 23 2009, 02:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734446
MAX AC recirculates the air in the car and does not use the external vent feed for air.
They sell a carbon vent filter for the Taurus, get one and it will reduce the outside odors.
A thirteen year old car might have some missing weather stripping and that may contribute to the issue.[/b]
weather stripping? where can i find this?! i probably check this one up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts