Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger far side vent is basically destroyed, so I bought a new one on ebay (same color too, w00t).

My question is, how do I replace that one with this new one? Also, even though all the blades on it are broken, theres no air coming out of it anyway regardless if it's open or closed. Could there be a loose hose or something that would prevent this from working? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
No idea on a G2, but my guess is that you can just pop it out with a flat-head screwdriver...

And on a G3 IIRC, the air travels through pipes, not tubes or anything flexible that could become unattached.... maybe you just aren't getting enough air pressure to reach all the vents...?

Try closing all the other vents and then blasting the air.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
No idea on a G2, but my guess is that you can just pop it out with a flat-head screwdriver...

And on a G3 IIRC, the air travels through pipes, not tubes or anything flexible that could become unattached.... maybe you just aren't getting enough air pressure to reach all the vents...?

Try closing all the other vents and then blasting the air.
[/b]
Might be a clogged channel on your blower fan... I'd have no idea how to get at that though!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys, but after I posted this I went out to the car with a flathead screwdriver and a mission.

I pulled apart the little black things that remained and found that the little piece that opens and closes the vent was just stuck closed. Solves that problem.

Then I just broke all 4 clips off that held the vent in place and inserted the new one. Voila!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

So.... you broke it so you could fix it :)

Hooray!!!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, one "mod" down, several more to go.

Now, onto buying my Mercury Sable cluster/cool eBay white face gauge kit with custom chrome gauge surrounds!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, definitely gonna get some badass pictures once I paint the rims.

I can't wait to get some pictures of the chrome surrounded, white faced gauge idea I have for the cluster too. I have to update the garage too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts