Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to fix the splitters/bars inside the vents? I normally wouldn't care, but a couple of them are broken in strategic places so I cannot turn the vent and angle it where I want. I was just hoping there was a simple way to fix it without pulling the dash off and getting inside it or if someone else had the same problem and fixed it themselves.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should the covers pull off? I didn't want to try and then later find out they are not supposed to be messed with. Thats a good idea though! I'll call the yards Monday

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Like sheila said, better to grab a vent from a yard. Doubt a regular yard will want to pull that part for you, and if they do, probably minimum $30.

There's a self service junkyard about an hour away from your listed location...LKQ Self Serve. $2 in, you pull your own parts...check it out:
LKQ Kalamazoo Self Serve Auto Parts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! After I do the repairs I'm planning on in the next week(Spark Plugs, Rear Springs, Camshaft Synchronizer and Brakes), I'll call over and see what they have.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
They generally do not keep an inventory listing at the LKQ yards. It's just "whatever's there, have at it".

·
Registered
11,077 Posts
Vents

Maybe gently pry them out and seek replacements at a self service salvage yard?
Agree.
I added a pic of mine out. Have to pry them side to side with a bit of care. They go back quite easily.

Mine out to get the broken glass shards out of the air ducts. The glass just rattles around and comes out when it sees fit. I want it all out. I think I am 99% glass free, now to remove the seats again and blow out the car, again.

Of course each year of car is different, so going to the pick a part would require one to take the old ones for a match.

-chart-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts