Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this BS? I searched Velocity Tuner with 0 results.

http://www.velocitytuner.com/detail.html?p...0411&view=1

Save up to 31% on gas and add up to 16% more horsepower!
° Help the environment by reducing emissions
° Precision laser cut from stainless steel
° Lifetime guarantee
° Proudly made in the U.S.A.
° Free shipping anywhere in the world

Installation is as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Using a screwdriver, remove the air intake hose from between the air filter box and the throttle body.
2. Install the Velocity Tuner making sure it fits tightly in the intake hose.
3. Replace the hose and tighten the hose clamp.[/b]
Numbers in bold seems pretty high.. Looks like it directs air flow in a wind circular motion through intake hose? Seems like snake oil...

·
Registered
81 Posts
It looks like it's "supposed" to do the same thing as the Tornado...which is complete bullshit, and only hampers your performance.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to run a laptop in the ses to see the live data. Sence I will be monitoring live data I would be able to see any performace gains or losses right?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Yeah, don't bother...it does sound just like a Tornado. The key words there are "up to" X amount of gains...they're covering themselves for when it does nothing. And don't forget that 74.2% of statistics are made up on the spot :lol2:

QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 4 2009, 02:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705262
i would expect someone who spells "taurus" as "torres" to make such a thread...[/b]
And you should be the one to throw stones about thread topics..... :ph34r:

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 4 2009, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705262
i would expect someone who spells "taurus" as "torres" to make such a thread...[/b]
And I would expect such a thing from a person who thinks that opening their airbox an inch to make the engine roar better isn't sending pounds of dirt and **** into their engine, oil and MAFS....

------------------------------------------------------
Like i said before.. the tornado .. or in this case.. "VELOCITY TUNER!!!!!!!!!!11!!!" will choke your engine performance.. Air does not like to be forced to spin at high velocity.. it just creates turbulence and confuses your MAFS or stalls air at your TB. That happened to my neighbor who put on on his 4.2 Northstar.. it just choked out on startup.

The only way i could see this working is if you grinded your intake runners to spin the air as it enters the combustion chamber. even then.. the valve would create turbulence again.. negating the effect. The only way to do that .. is years of CAD work and remodling the heads.. for a 5% increase in fuel efficiency.

Not worth it. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 4 2009, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705262
You, of all people, do knott have room to talk.

Velocity tuner = paperweight.

SCT tuner = worth it's weight, in gold.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I understand now. Snake oil :thumb: The fins in this device are so big that I could see it restricting air flow, but what if the fins where smaller and the device ran on a bearing of some sort that spins. Correct me if I am worng (am usually) but doesn't a screw type supercharger do the same kind of thing but on a more mass scale. I understand the MAFS things as well. Could you mount something like this past the mafs. Would that mess with the sensor at all? I know it is snake oil and I am just wondering and have NO intension of buying one. Like said just curious.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
If you are relying on the incoming air to spin the blades this will slow and restrict the air flow in itself. But go ahead and get it. Just dyno the car with it on and off then you can know for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts