Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the valve cover gasket, because of some leaking problem... I have some question for you guys, sorry but I'm new on the Ford... :)
The valve cover gasket in the pics are right for a 3.0 V6 Vulcan? And I need to put some grease on them before installing on the engine? Last question: It is better change also the intake mainfold upper gasket?

Thank you for the advise! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (Brizio @ May 31 2010, 11:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808272
I need to change the valve cover gasket, because of some leaking problem... I have some question for you guys, sorry but I'm new on the Ford... :)
The valve cover gasket in the pics are right for a 3.0 V6 Vulcan? And I need to put some grease on them before installing on the engine? Last question: It is better change also the intake mainfold upper gasket?

Thank you for the advise! :)

[/b]
Look like 3.0 vulcan to me. Place the gasket onto the valve cover being sure to work the valve cover bolts thru the holes in the gasket. This will hold the gaskets to the cover. The intake manifold upper gasket is inexpensive. Why not?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
YOU ARE STILL AN IDIOT ! ! !

No Silicone on the rubber valve cover gasket. No silicone anywhere, where it will migrate into the combustion chambers and the exhaust system.

Silicone (sealer or grease) DESTROYS O2 SENSORS.

This is worse that the advise your gave years ago, when you told that poor guy with the Vulcan engine to remove his oil pan to get to the oil pump drive when he needed to replace the Syncroshaft.

·
Registered
121 Posts
These gaskets do not need anything on them.........But if you already used grease or oil don't sweat it. There is plenty of oil underneath the valve cover anyway. JMHO

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
QUOTE (gohim @ Jun 1 2010, 01:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808388
YOU ARE STILL AN IDIOT ! ! !

No Silicone on the rubber valve cover gasket. No silicone anywhere, where it will migrate into the combustion chambers and the exhaust system.

Silicone (sealer or grease) DESTROYS O2 SENSORS.

This is worse that the advise your gave years ago, when you told that poor guy with the Vulcan engine to remove his oil pan to get to the oil pump drive when he needed to replace the Syncroshaft.[/b]

First of all go F**K yourself GOHIM!!!!!!! you have a hell of a mouth to be jumping on people like that. I've seen you do it in other post, you're a mister know it all. Second I never told anyone to remove his oil pan to get to an oil pump drive.

And another thing, how does silicone migrate from the valve pan to the combustion chamber??? I didn't say to put it in the intake. So I am wrong about using silicone on the valve pan gaskets, I'll admit that. But you may want to start reading better before taking a $h!T fit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (Brizio @ Jun 1 2010, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808416
I will not use anything on them... :) Thank you for the help. :)[/b]
Good call. Certain gaskets require some sort of preparation or sealant, but valve cover gaskets don't. Make to to clean the contact area vigorously, although you don't necessarily need to use any sort of cleaner as long as you get the gunk off. If you do decide to use a cleaner, use alcohol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts