Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I've been chasing some vacuum leaks and stalling due to them. I replaced the two valve cover breather elbows, but noticed in the back this large vacuum port under the plastic plenum near the throttle body. Something must have fallen off recently because this lean condition just started. I cannot find anything that seems to be laying around. Can someone tell me what this port connects to, and also these red lines. (I think are for the fuel pressure regulator, but are loose on this side.

Thanks. I've tried to find a diagram but cannot.

This is a 2003 SES with a Duratec

Attachments

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Iirc, there should be a black rubber vacuum elbow attached to that port that has 2 small holes on the bottom which the small red hard lines insert into. 1 red line supplies vacuum to the fpr or sensor on the fuel rail and the other red line supplies vacuum to the evr. May make a trip to a local pick-n-pull jy to get a visual and source needed parts.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
The two red hard plastic lines in your picture plug in that black elbow. Does not matter which one goes in which hole. This may be the easiest fix here. Congrats.

-chart-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any thought on what it's called? I suspect the original fell off and out of the car. I can't seem to find this part, I keep getting results of the PCV elbows.

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
I'd try to find a couple good, clean and snug ones from a local pick-n-pull jy for cheap. Did you look with a light and feel down below that port for the mia elbow?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've looked pretty thoroughly... I'm guessing it fell out of the bottom. Sadly I don't have a lot of junkyards near me, so I'm guessing I'll have to hit up the local dealer. Can anyone confirm this is the doohickey I am looking for?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I've looked pretty thoroughly... I'm guessing it fell out of the bottom. Sadly I don't have a lot of junkyards near me, so I'm guessing I'll have to hit up the local dealer. Can anyone confirm this is the doohickey I am looking for?
^ mikeymo, yes, that's the vacuum elbow you need.

Here's a photo of that socket on my 2000 Duratec.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would up just ordering the whole harness from the dealer. It was only 50 bucks. The way the vacuum connections have been failing, all those little plastic lines are bound to be next so I might as well replace them.

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
You could have bought some rubber vac line, some plastic adapters / T fittings at the parts store and made it good as new for under $10.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts