Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know where I can get (or the part number) for the rigid dual vacuum line that runs from the intake manifold to the Fuel pressure sensor to the EGR valve? It gotten so old it deteriorated beyond me patching it up :( checked NAPA and Oreily's already. Or if anyone has a hack to run separate lines I can do that. Thanks in advance.

Larry

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
Its just a vacuum line....... use bulk rubber vac hose from the parts store and zip tie it up so it isnt resting on any moving parts, hot exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just a vacuum line....... use bulk rubber vac hose from the parts store and zip tie it up so it isnt resting on any moving parts, hot exhaust, etc.
The double vacuum connection where it connects to intake is there two separate connection coming off the intake? I was assuming at that 90 molded piece they converged into one. I didnt pull it off to look yet, since I didnt want to break the upper line. the line broke right where it enters the 90 deg connection. If there are two connections on the intake then I can run separate lines, if it converges into a single connection then I may need to attach a connector to the rubber piece then connect the line to that.

Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Agree 100%
Rubber vac hose and plastic tees/size change nipples from the parts store. "Do it yourself" project. I had issue with my Ell falling off the intake. I used a spring clip from some place in my parts stuff. Works.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree 100%
Rubber vac hose and plastic tees/size change nipples from the parts store. "Do it yourself" project. I had issue with my Ell falling off the intake. I used a spring clip from some place in my parts stuff. Works.
-chart-
perfect. I will fab something up with connectors. I've been patching the line for the last few years with rubber vacuum hose and zip ties.

Larry

·
Registered
72 Posts
On mine, both hoses broke nearly flush with the rubber elbow. Was wondering what repair you came up with for this. Seems the two hard plastic hoses are molded into the rubber boot. They don't slide out.

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
As Mike (Chartmaker) said, bulk vac line and some vac T's and adaptors from any parts store. It doesnt have to look the same as it came from the factory, it just has to perform its job.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was able to remove the broken pieces of tubing from the elbow boot with a 7/64" drill bit. Then, I ran Dorman 5/32" OD "Hard Emission Tubing" from the elbow to the boots at the Fuel Pressure sensor and the EGR solenoid. The tubing from the EGR solenoid to the EGR valve I did not replace. The dealership no longer carries the hose & connectors assembly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just completed that repair today. I got a rubber cork from Ace Hardware alone with a brass T. I drilled a hole into the large end of the stopper just slightly smaller than the O.D. of the nipple half way through it4. I then drilled a hole through the small end just slightly smaller than the nipple on the T. I drilled the small hole through to the large hole. I put the T in the small hole, attached hoses and ran them to the EGR solenoid and the FPR, the pushed the large end of the stopper over the nipple on the manifold. It came out fairly clean. I'm sure that engineers like that hard line, but I don't

·
Super Moderator
8,346 Posts
I dont like the hard lines either, but I bet the manufacturers use them for one reason - the nylon hard lines are likely MUCH cheaper per foot than rubber vacuum hose, and they will last until the new car warranty is expired. Like everything, it all comes down to $$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts