Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a part number or description of the following: A 90 degree vacuum elbow, not the main vacuum line but a secondary one just behind the main one further from the TB. Hooks to about a 3/8in nipple on the intake and splits down into 2, 1/8in holes that red solid vacuum lines, one of which goes to the FPR.

Basically, 98 'tec engine backfires, spits this vac elbow off and now it won't stay on. Had to stick it on with a worm clamp to get home, but the engine runs just fine. Is the elbow just aged and expanded or is something else supposed to be on there? I sprayed all over back there with MAF cleaner and no change in idle.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Backfiring is not normal and is usually a timing/ignition issue.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I'll throw in the fact that seafoam was at play here....
:unsure: :pat: :( *puts on flame suit* :flamethrower:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, So does anyone have a diagram for a 96-99 Duratec Intake/Vac system with part numbers? Otherwise it's going to be a fun day at the stealership getting this part.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The dealer would have exploded pics of the intake with all the parts. Pretty easy if you know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone else that may need to look..
$147.95 for the part. You have to buy the whole vacuum assembly for the EGR/FPR system. They don't just sell the only part that's going to rot out..... The hose clamp is working just fine with no leaks, and a trip to the pick n pull is in the near future.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sorry to bring this back to life...on my 2006 OHV the plastic tubes going into the elbow snapped off today. So hot under the hood, 14 years and 160,000 miles the plastic came brittle and broke. Would imagine any salvage yard find would be brittle as well. Is the dealer the only other option?

·
Registered
23,098 Posts
I would still 1st try a local pick-n-pull jy. May google "row 52" for inventory selection.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was able to remove the broken pieces of tubing from the elbow boot with a 7/64" drill bit. Then, I ran Dorman 5/32" OD "Hard Emission Tubing" from the elbow to the boots at the Fuel Pressure sensor and the EGR solenoid. The tubing from the EGR solenoid to the EGR valve I did not replace. The dealership no longer carries the hose & connectors assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts