Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gen 2 3.0 vulcan, the 3.8 was crashed hard. i want to put the maf from the 3.8 onto the 3.0 but i need a biiger rubber tube. the problem is that there are two line that go into the intake tube. one is an oil breather witch isn't a thing i can just leave it hang, but the other is a vaccume line. how the hell do you keep a vaccum when it sucks air from the intake. what do i do about this line. please help

·
Registered
712 Posts
There are no vacuum lines going to the intake tube. Breather tube maybe?

Are the two MAFs calibrated the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a 3.0 vulcan gen 2? i traced the line and it goes to my brake booster and other vaccum style parts so it has to be a vaccume line. I put the sensor from the small maf into the bigger maf and it ran alright but i actually lost performance, with just the big maf and its sensor it sputtered and stalled. so i am making a bracket to hold a cone filter on the stock maf.

ps that first line is not to be a jerk or sarcastic i just thought if you had the same car you could check and see what it is.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
One line goes to the valve covers and is the PCV intake hose. The other will go to the manifold on the firewall. This is to give atmospheric air to the vapor recovery and power brake system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts