Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I bought an SHO in decent shape a few weeks ago. It has 150K on it, and the previous owner didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if it had the 100K. I'm wondering where I can get the tools and shims outlined in the V8SHO.com valve adjustment procedure (Care and Feeding of the Taurus SHO) in Ontario. I don't feel like throwing a grand at the stealership.

A second issue is a stalling problem at a stop. There's no warning, and no pattern. It'll be running fine and die. If I immediately try to crank it over, it'll catch, then die. If I cycle the key off and on once, wait for the pump to prime, then turn it over, it runs fine. The only codes it's throwing are 02 heater (all 4), so that's something that'll need to be addressed, but I thought that would cause an issue all the time? Would my crank or cam position sensor be on its way out?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi all! I bought an SHO in decent shape a few weeks ago. It has 150K on it, and the previous owner didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if it had the 100K. I'm wondering where I can get the tools and shims outlined in the V8SHO.com valve adjustment procedure (Care and Feeding of the Taurus SHO) in Ontario. I don't feel like throwing a grand at the stealership.

A second issue is a stalling problem at a stop. There's no warning, and no pattern. It'll be running fine and die. If I immediately try to crank it over, it'll catch, then die. If I cycle the key off and on once, wait for the pump to prime, then turn it over, it runs fine. The only codes it's throwing are 02 heater (all 4), so that's something that'll need to be addressed, but I thought that would cause an issue all the time? Would my crank or cam position sensor be on its way out?

Cam sensor, crank sensor, or MAF sensor. or worse comes to worse a bad fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts