Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On the way home from a bar with my friend in the car I had some fun with this white v6 camero. I was trying to get into the right lane to make my turn coming up, and I guess this guy didn't want me in fornt of him. Oh well
, I took him from a roll at like 45 or 50and let off at 70 because it was just sad at that point. Then, he makes the same right I made so I figured he wanted some more, so I'm waiting at like 25, but he flies by. Then I catch up again and see that he was waiting up for me at like 45, and then he gives me the look. I floor it and see him down shift (yeah, it was stick, too) and god, it was just ugly. I hope his car was stock, or at least had something wrong with it, because he lost BAD. Twice.
But then again, my car isn't exactly stock.

B

·
0 Posts
I would say he just didn't know how to drive. Was it a late model V6? IIRC they're about 200HP or so, it should have at least been close. With a stick, he should have beat you.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no expert on identifying different years of cameros, but I'd have to say mid to late 90's. And for some reason, this guy put z28 rims on his v6 camero. Maybe he's a bad shifter, but he got the front end of his car pick up a little when shifted. I wish he would have pulled into my neighborhood so I could have talked to him, but he did the "pissed off cuz I lost fly-by". What's funny now, is that my friend that was riding with me is going to tell everybody I can beat v6 cameros no problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
93 - 95 had 3.4L
96 - 97 had 3.8L

3.8's ran a 16.20 in the 1/4, 0-60 in 8.00 stock with an auto
3.4's ran a 16.80 in the 1/4, 0-60 in 9.28 stock with an auto

Weeeeeeee......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts