Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on changing my PS fluid to Mobile 1 ATF. However, when changing it, some of the old PS fluid will be in there. Is it OK for PS fluid to mix with the ATF or do I have to flush the entire system?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
All you have to do is read the bottle. Usually they will say something like "Compatible with all normal oils" and if so, then you are fine. Just try to get out as much of the old stuff as possible. Easiest way to do that on a bull is to disconnect the P/S cooler (long black aluminum tube on the bottom of the radiator in the front) and just let it drain into a pan for an hour or so. Don't turn on the car like that because 1) you get a bath in P/S fluid 2) it's bad for the P/S pump.

·
Registered
394 Posts
All you have to do is read the bottle. Usually they will say something like "Compatible with all normal oils" and if so, then you are fine. Just try to get out as much of the old stuff as possible. Easiest way to do that on a bull is to disconnect the P/S cooler (long black aluminum tube on the bottom of the radiator in the front) and just let it drain into a pan for an hour or so. Don't turn on the car like that because 1) you get a bath in P/S fluid 2) it's bad for the P/S pump.
Isn't that the tranny cooler? Are their two coolers down their that I didn't notice, or what?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I'll do that because I'll have the lower cover under the nose off anyway doing a coolant flush. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Yeah thats fine. Its all compatible. You will have no problems.

-Damon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts