Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background-91,000 Vulcan/AX4S Transmission. I run 87 octane and get no knock from the engine, and no difference between 87-89 Octane. Its about time for new struts all around. Replaced Ball Joints and Lower Tie Rods already. it also seems that I may need a sway bar link for the front left.

Problem-I hate to even get on the Vulcan anymore from a stop. Befor if I was at a stop and floored it I used to be able to get a slight chirp and get on my way. Now when I floor it, it feels like the front lifts up (pushes you back, but not from moving) the car doesn't move for like a split second, then it starts pulling. It feels as if you were in a pool and took a big gulp of air then went under water (thats the only thing I could think of). Doesn't seem like its the engine it seems as if the power just isn't getting to the wheels

My thoughts on what it could be
-Motor Mounts (maybe too much movement in the engine?)
-Transmission Mount (too much movement in the tranny to get the power to the wheels?)
-Another Transmission Problem (Trans flush soon)
-Fuel System Problem (fuel filter? I doubt it..)
-o2 Sensors (first 2)-(original, about time to change, I think?)
-IAC (I dont think this part would do it though, but the idle is 975 in Park, about 825 in Drive, no brake torquing when doing this "test")
-Carbon Build up (planning on doing a de-carbon, but car gets floored frequently)

Thanks Guys, My guess is probably the Motor Mounts/Transmission mount.

Nick Saturday

J

·
0 Posts
I've heard bad struts can cause something like that, so hopefully that's all it is.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kind of thinking it could have been the struts aswell seeing as the car lifts up so much during take off. I probably should have added that to the list but I was iffy. Oh well when I get the struts replaced eventually what else might they do or should I ask them to do? Either a strut or a knuckle is bent also, but this problem has been before that occured. Anymore input guys? Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
It's most likely the motor mounts. My Taurus does that too. It hesitates before going, and there is a small clunk as well. I hate stop and go traffic because of that. If you put some new struts (I think KYBs are good...ask around here) and some new motor mounts, it will drive MUCH better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts