Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1061 - 1067 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Only reason I'm impressed is because it's an SHO wagon. Many SHO owners might be upset when I say it but I'm sick of SHOs being the only freaking thing that shows up when I do a Gen 1 Taurus search. The fact there is more Gen 1 SHOs than regular Gen 1 Taurus sedans and wagons showing up for sale is very sad and a bad sign. It makes me deeply depressed.
I can’t address your feelings but I would guess there are more SHO models because they may have been used less and taken care of better. The every day models were probably driven into the ground. SHO models were probably repaired more when they were damaged, had rust prevention measures taken, and just driven less as people may have looked at them as weekend or collectible cars. Now, 25–30 years later, they are the only things available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Only reason I'm impressed is because it's an SHO wagon. Many SHO owners might be upset when I say it but I'm sick of SHOs being the only freaking thing that shows up when I do a Gen 1 Taurus search. The fact there is more Gen 1 SHOs than regular Gen 1 Taurus sedans and wagons showing up for sale is very sad and a bad sign. It makes me deeply depressed.
The Gen1 wagons are still out there. Somewhere.....

I can’t address your feelings but I would guess there are more SHO models because they may have been used less and taken care of better. The every day models were probably driven into the ground. SHO models were probably repaired more when they were damaged, had rust prevention measures taken, and just driven less as people may have looked at them as weekend or collectible cars. Now, 25–30 years later, they are the only things available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's very likely the case. The L, GL and LX were bellybutton cars in their day (so nicknamed by me because EVERYBODY had one, including the car rental companies). They weren't really anything special in their day (which is why they were like bellybuttons). Just cheap transportation.

To be fair (and counter the first quote) There are very few of ANY 1980's cars on the road these days, including Toyotas and Hondas.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Taurus LX sedan
5 Posts
Speaking of first gens...

1990 Ford Taurus LX sedan with 67,000 miles in a very fetching blue. Only demerits are that gouge up front and the fact that it's got the 3.8. Otherwise it seems like it's in very decent shape. Seems reasonably priced too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Gen1 wagons are still out there. Somewhere.....

That's very likely the case. The L, GL and LX were bellybutton cars in their day (so nicknamed by me because EVERYBODY had one, including the car rental companies). They weren't really anything special in their day (which is why they were like bellybuttons). Just cheap transportation.

To be fair (and counter the first quote) There are very few of ANY 1980's cars on the road these days, including Toyotas and Hondas.
"Nothing special back in their day?" Might want to read automotive history and learn about the 3.2 billion Ford spent on that project developing the Taurus and compare it to the average american and japanese car of the time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hope my dad didn't kill my dream of finding that 86 LX wagon with that stupid **** he pulled on me last year. If so I can never forgive him. I was so damn close to getting that car but he's a craven paranoid coward and I'm a good little soldier who does what he's told. Geez I'm not a little kid anymore. I'm almost 23. If I want to go and buy a car I will. Sigh...

·
Registered
1986 Ford Taurus LX sedan
5 Posts
Here's a 1986 Taurus LX sedan that popped up on Facebook. A little rough around the edges but overall it's in decent shape. First '86 I've seen since I bought mine in January:

·
Registered
2000 SEL
1 Posts
2000 Taurus SEL 24V DOHC Not running - was run without oil. Engine is not frozen, still cranks on the starter but will not run. Trans was fine, AC not working, though we had the compressor replaced a couple of years ago and it worked like new for the first year, then not cold anymore. Title is on Non-op, pink slip in hand. Ventura, CA $100 (one hundred bucks) paint has begun to fade... One small dent on passenger door. We bought this car new. I can wash and put up some pictures, of course, but only if there is any interest
[email protected]

1061 - 1067 of 1067 Posts