Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know you're really looking for an '86, but if my memory serves me correctly, this one is everything you want, except that it's not two tone, and it's an '88. Maybe you should snap it up.
Dunno. It's kind of rough looking and I'm looking for an LX. I'll think about it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Damn - asking $4300 for a 97 Taurus wagon with 67K miles and the Vulcan motor. I'm really wondering what I can get for mine now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Another one - Y2K Sable Wagon with 56K on the clock, console shifter, and they're asking $5,000. I like the console shifter, but I'm thinking mine is going to list for about $4k if / when I'm ready.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Taurus LX sedan
6 Posts
This appears to be a 1986-1988 Taurus LX wagon, despite what the ad says:

It's in decent shape for what it is. Might be worth checking out for anyone interested.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This appears to be a 1986-1988 Taurus LX wagon, despite what the ad says:

It's in decent shape for what it is. Might be worth checking out for anyone interested.
I like the design of those front seats. Wider with an armrest (or put those up and you’ve got your third seat if I remember correctly) and a bit more comfortable. It’s a grocery getter and family car. Throw that Barcalounger in it and we’re all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
A 6 owner, 105K miles, 1993 SHO with 5 speed.
Claims:
---> he did a $3K paint job but it needs sanding and polishing.
---> Noted it also has an oil leak and rough steering. Seller states needs an oil pan and steering column bushing.
---> California car with zero rust.

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
A 6 owner, 105K miles, 1993 SHO with 5 speed.
Claims:
---> he did a $3K paint job but it needs sanding and polishing.
---> Noted it also has an oil leak and rough steering. Seller states needs an oil pan and steering column bushing.
---> California car with zero rust.

My interest is piqued, too bad it's on the wrong coast

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's only about a grand to ship from San Francisco to Hartford. I'm looking at a car out there now (nope, not a Bull or one of it's stable mates).
Probably cheaper for Jag to fly to California and drive the car back to the East coast. But, I suspect he wouldn't want to do that, either.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Probably cheaper for Jag to fly to California and drive the car back to the East coast. But, I suspect he wouldn't want to do that, either.
Hell, pay my transportation one way, gas and meals back, and I'd drive it out. It would give me something to do.

·
Registered
288 Posts
HOLY CRAP! Might not be the holy one, but I think we've found a grail!

SHO...
5 speed...

WAGON

I keep coming back and thinking about this car. I think I would buy it if it were a 3rd gen or if they transplanted into a 4th gen wagon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I keep coming back and thinking about this car. I think I would buy it if it were a 3rd gen or if they transplanted into a 4th gen wagon.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't drop a Gen3 SHO engine into a Gen4 wagon (along with the other goodies).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't see any reason why you couldn't drop a Gen3 SHO engine into a Gen4 wagon (along with the other goodies).
I agree. I just don’t wanna do it personally. If it were something already done I might go for it. I’m already in the market for a second car, though it will probably be the primary vehicle. Right now I’m looking at an Asian sedan (with 420 hp).

Mo Powa !

·
Registered
153 Posts

Only reason I'm impressed is because it's an SHO wagon. Many SHO owners might be upset when I say it but I'm sick of SHOs being the only freaking thing that shows up when I do a Gen 1 Taurus search. The fact there is more Gen 1 SHOs than regular Gen 1 Taurus sedans and wagons showing up for sale is very sad and a bad sign. It makes me deeply depressed.

1041 - 1060 of 1067 Posts