Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1067 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
A silver 89 wagon, black G1 SHO, and a green 91 SHO Plus.

·
Registered
288 Posts
2001 Taurus wagon, ONLY 89K miles! DOHC, leather. Looks like driver's seat and arm rest are only rough spots.

·
Registered
199 Posts
2001 Taurus wagon, ONLY 89K miles! DOHC, leather. Looks like driver's seat and arm rest are only rough spots.
19 year old car, 4600 miles per year, and the driver's seat looks like that? I suppose it's possible, but I barely drove my 2010 Fit (bought new), put about 5500 miles on it per year, and after six years, the interior (cloth, mind, and only six years) still looked almost new). Yes, sure, it was a little dirty, but no tears. So one of two possibilities: 1) whoever owned that car was REALLY hard on the driver's seat and arm rest 2) that thing has WAY more miles on it than the odometer shows.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm thinking it might look like that if the car was left out year round, the leather was never treated, and maybe the driver was a very large person. But yeah, more miles is my guess.
Being left outside year round, with the leather never being treated, wouldn't the entire interior be like that, though? Large driver? Perhaps.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Being left outside year round, with the leather never being treated, wouldn't the entire interior be like that, though? Large driver? Perhaps.
Maybe, but I was thinking that if the interior dried out, etc and then only the driver's seat was used, maybe it broke down that much more. Who knows - that seat cover would have to be replaced if not the entire seat. I think the pedal covers and driver floor mat / carpet would be a better indicator (or carfax, state records).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know you're really looking for an '86, but if my memory serves me correctly, this one is everything you want, except that it's not two tone, and it's an '88. Maybe you should snap it up.
Not 2 tone but needs to painted anyway. I wonder how long it’s been a southwestern car. The body and paint look awful but there’s probably no rust if it’s been there the whole time. That low mileage would actually bother me though. 46,000 miles on a 33-year-old car (88s came out in 87). That’s 117 miles a month. I would think that it either sat unused for a long time, was owned by someone wealthy as a 3rd or 4th car, or it’s got a different odometer in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1021 - 1040 of 1067 Posts