Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took the old front struts and springs off of my g3. I also have the mounts and new taurus wagon rear lowering springs, if anyone is interested for any reason, you can have 'em. I don't know what you'd want with used struts or springs but they might be useful to someone.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I was refering to the front struts and springs you spoke of. My car (93 GL) needs them bad, as well as new strut mounts. I'm not worried about the rear ones at this time, the front ones are the ones in danger of causing problems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep in mind that these are used struts. They have mileage. I don't know the exact mileage because i don't know if the previous owner ecer replaced the factory ones. I put new struts on at 130,000 miles, so at most, these struts could possibly have 130,000 miles on them. That being said i did not change the struts because of malfunction or any other mechanical problem. I changed them because i was getting new springs. I was not told of any damage to the struts by any mechanic nor can i see any physical damage with the exception of what the miles of dirt, grime, and road salt have done to the outside. Also, i don't know if they will fit your car but i'm sure someone on this site does know. And i'm sure you know that you are better off buying new strut mounts especially since my mounts have no bearings (they fell apart.)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
well yea I planned on buying new strut mounts, and you're probably right, I'd be better off buying new struts as well. I figured they were fairly new and you just were up-grading. Thanks anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts