Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Wish I could find something like that here. I see leather so it's probably a Duratec. Third Gen Duratecs are awesome.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes is code "S". Low rust location. I just check from time to time 200 mile radius from a location in PA bit west of Philly.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dual e
^ Ooooo, probably a loaded LS!
Dual exhaust and under dash foot lighting. Daughter had '98 Taurus with DOHC. I had '01 Sable DOHC. The '98 always felt faster and sounded better. Now I think the extra ~400# of the wagon might make a difference in accel.
-chart-

·
Registered
23,283 Posts
'99 tecs fell into the "decontenting" model year. I had an "early-build" that had dual exhust, OD Off button on the shifter, rear sway bar, etc. I also had a "late-build" that had none of those things, lol.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
'99 tecs fell into the "decontenting" model year. I had an "early-build" that had dual exhust, OD Off button on the shifter, rear sway bar, etc. I also had a "late-build" that had none of those things, lol.
Weren't footwell lights deleted mid 98 model year too? Along with those nice net pockets on the back of the front seats. Mine has the foot lamps but its a 5/98 build, so fairly late.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wish I could find something like that here. I see leather so it's probably a Duratec. Third Gen Duratecs are awesome.
I don't know about you guys, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable about this. It is easy to shrug this off as the actions of a clown, but it would not be the first time we later wish we hadn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts