Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night heard a electrial noise like something blew then the dash lights hvac lights an the tails went out, I check what I believe all all the right fuses and everythings good so is my headlights switch bad? I do not need this July 4 th weekend I won't believe to drive at all!!! so how do I find out if my headlight switch is broken?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do your headlights and parking lights/side marker lights up front still work?

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Have you hooked up any ricer lights or any stupid modifications and accidentally unplug them?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Did you check the 15a fuse in the underhood fuse box? This feeds the autplamp park relay.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I don't have autolamp and yea a have a bunch a ricer lights that could be the cause but I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone have any help for me here? Not sure how I can check if the eaflight switch Is bad

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ended up being the top right 15a fuse and I didn't find it originally ecause I was looking at the 2003 fuse diagram and my car is a 2004 and I don't have my owners manual.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I'm killing myself tryin to figure out what's wrong here. I replace the fuse and it lew the next day. So I redid all of my connections to the stereo and used better quality butt connectors. I have zero loose or naked connections in any wires now including the led strips that I have added but there on a batt switch so they wouldn't matter.

So the 15a fuse in the top right keeps blowing and my question is what are the possile things that are linked to this fuse that can go wrong?? I can't find the problem but im starting to think it's not in the dash nymore

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also remember I have a gen 4.5 and my center display still is lit up in the middle of my cluster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts