Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 taurus g and im trying to replace a hose going from the coolant reservoir to another pipe or hose underneath the car. What is this hose? Its not going into the radiator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your Taurus has a Vulcan engine, the hose runs from the coolant reservoir to the lower radiator hose. The lower radiator hose does connect the engine to the radiator but threr is a junction or third hose inlet that the reservior hose connects to.
Be prepared--no aftermarket hose exists--I tried for two weeks to find one at all available parts stores. Over $100.00 from Ford. Special moulded hose with different hose diameters at either end, also on the end that attaches to the lower rad. hose there is a moulded on connector that connects the two hoses.
I ended up making one by using regular heater hose. You'll need two different diameters, if I remember correctly, 5/8 and 3/4 inch, and a connector to connect the two diameters. Connector is available at Auto Zone for a few bucks.
Did this almost a year ago and no leaks or problems. Just pull the old one off and you can see what is needed--all the hoses and connectors shouldn't run more than 20.00 bucks or so.
GrumpysGL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts