Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay ya'll, i got an 04' SES with a 24v dohc, i want to paint the valve covers, how hard is it to get them off? and wut about a performance chip? i wanna make this thing perform like i know it can, thx :ford:

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Its not hard at all to get the valve covers or the upper intake manifold off, whats hard is if you want to do this as a quick mod. I would recomend finding another set and working on those to get the paint finish your looking for and letting it dry for a few days before trying to re-install the parts. When I did mine, I went to a local pull a part lot and found the parts I needed. The next step was to clean those parts cleaner than when they were new, de-grease inside and out and let them air dry for about a week. Next step was a base silver coat, letting that dry for a week, then the candy red top coat, again letting that dry for almost a week before I installed that on the car. Doing it this way, there is no worry about paint not being cured completely and messing up the finish while installing the parts. Its a real easy job, just dont try to rush it and it will look 100% better in the long run.

[attachmentid=27593]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
We do have a UDP at SHO Source. We do have some suspension and brake upgrades as well.

There is no off the shelf chip that will add any real performance though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts