Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are number of options out there for head light upgrades.

I know this has been discussed in the past and I think some people felt the Sylvania Xrtra Vision were the best overall when you balance cost, life, and performance.

I was recently rethinking this and obviously some time (maybe 2 years) has past. I see SUVLights is promoting the Philips Vission Plus as out performing GE and Sylvania.

Anyone have any recent experience in this area and wish to weigh in?

Let me also add, I understand the harness upgrade in a Gen 3 is the recommended change for purely perfomance but I would like to keep this on the bulbs and what they offer the overall situation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the GE Nighthawk platinums on my old car and they lasted 8 months before having to be changed. For $50 I was highly disappointed...

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
There are number of options out there for head light upgrades.

I know this has been discussed in the past and I think some people felt the Sylvania Xrtra Vision were the best overall when you balance cost, life, and performance.

I was recently rethinking this and obviously some time (maybe 2 years) has past. I see SUVLights is promoting the Philips Vission Plus as out performing GE and Sylvania.

Anyone have any recent experience in this area and wish to weigh in?

Let me also add, I understand the harness upgrade in a Gen 3 is the recommended change for purely perfomance but I would like to keep this on the bulbs and what they offer the overall situation.
By measure of light output by light meter.

Polishing lense = 30%
Xtravision bulbs = 30%
Changed to relay pwere =30%

All approximate and by memory. They are adding to the other in that order.

I expect loss of life in the second two.

And this: changed 3 cars to Xtravison. All had original bulbs as they are dated and match "born on date" of the cars. 80K, 98K, 111K.

Tells me factory is going for long life and giving away light output.

I carry a spare bulb and 5/16 nut driver in my primary car.:p
And a small working flashlight. I could relate two cases where both lights failed within days of factory bulbs in high mile vehicles. However, there are different driving styles as to day vs night driving so miles do not tell all.

Happy lighting.

-chart-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts