Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 sel
I have the stock stereo with tape and 6 CD changer in arm rest
i want too upgrade the audio output only new speakers maybe a sub woofer and i guess i will need an amp.
but i do not want to alter the stock stereo at all just add the amp and better speakers, the sub not to big don't want to loose trunk space
any info or ideas
thanks

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Moving to Electronics, Security, Audio and Visual :)

I know a few have done this, Dant98 for one (at least on gen 4's), and am sure plenty others have as well. I have left my stock MACH alone, it does pretty well for me :)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I kept my stock H/U and added

4 DB Drive 6X8
250 Watt X-Fire amp

10" Clarion Marine Woofer mounted it in the middle hole in the back deck.
I use my car for my job and I couldn't give up the space.
300 Watt X-fire amp

I really like the sound of my system and have had several compliments on it.

I recently had one of my principles travelling with me and he was amazed at Ford's stock sound quality. I never told him any different.

Mike
B)

btw Since it has the factory H/U and the amps are hidden a thief would just keep on walking.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by sameboy@Jul 19 2004, 10:39 AM
2001 sel
I have the stock stereo with tape and 6 CD changer in arm rest
i want too upgrade the audio output only new speakers maybe a sub woofer and i guess i will need an amp.
but i do not want to alter the stock stereo at all just add the amp and better speakers, the sub not to big don't want to loose trunk space
any info or ideas
thanks
What is your budget for each item?

Who is going to install it?

If you are going to do it, how much work are you willing to put into the system?

Do you want to build a sub box yourself to custom fit the sub?

If you're wanting to go the simpler/cheaper route, I'd suggest a pair of 6x8's for the front (and maybe the rear if you care about that), a 10" sub, and an amp to push it.

If you want to go a little more expensive and creative (not to mention much better sound), I'd suggest a set of 5.25" or 6.5" components in the front with a dedicated amp.

You're going to need a set of LOCs (line output converters) to adapt the factory system to a signal aftermarket amps can accept.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You should get a good set of components for an upgrade. If you don't want to lose to much trunk space to a sub, you could get a 8" or 10".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts