Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I gotta admit that those dont look bad at all. I dont love the orange reflectors, but I can live with it. The smoked look 10x better than the chrome .

Now what you really need is some dark tinted windows, black 18's with a polished lip, lowering springs, and a nice dual exhaust setup. B)

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Is that an aftermarket spoiler? It looks nothing like my 2001. Everything looks good on black. EXCEPT that damn pinstrip on the sides.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
hmm doesn't look too bad.... kermit i do think the spoiler is stock.. just kinda difff looking from the angle of the pic

·
Registered
486 Posts
Definitly like the looks of those tail lights. I think I will get either the chrome or gunmetal ones, since my caris silver. I dont thinkk the black ones will look good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
man i like those tail lights!! I am thinkin of geting some off E-bay for $186 How much did you pay for yours?!?! Nice looking Tauri!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just recently got the chrome ones because I have a white car. I am pretty happy with them. They could have been designed better, but I like the fact that they help set me apart from the 65yr old man driving a 01' Taurus next to me :D . Also I know the more aftermarket stuff we buy for the Taurus the more stuff companies will make, just trying to do my part. I suppose I should wash my car ant get some pictures up, considering I have never posted any picture of my car (I am lazy what can I say).

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@May 30 2004, 08:46 AM
Now what you really need is some dark tinted windows, black 18's with a polished lip, lowering springs, and a nice dual exhaust setup.  B)
And the Centennial smoked headlights. Man, that would be sexy. :pimp:

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@May 30 2004, 09:21 AM
hmm doesn't look too bad.... kermit i do think the spoiler is stock.. just kinda difff looking from the angle of the pic
It's not stock, one way to tell is there is a mounting point in the center on the stocck ones, but there isn't on that one. The shape is defiantely different too. He also has a third brake light in the center of the back window, stock spoliers do not come with that, it is integrated in the spolier.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Looks nice. Although to those wondering, that is NOT a stock spoiler. The stock spoiler has a bar that connects under the thjird brake light. This one also has the third brake light in the rear deck as well as on the spoiler. It was probably a dealer add on.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@May 30 2004, 12:34 PM
Looks nice. Although to those wondering, that is NOT a stock spoiler. The stock spoiler has a bar that connects under the thjird brake light. This one also has the third brake light in the rear deck as well as on the spoiler. It was probably a dealer add on.

-Kyle
It's not stock, one way to tell is there is a mounting point in the center on the stocck ones, but there isn't on that one.  The shape is defiantely different too.  He also has a third brake light in the center of the back window, stock spoliers do not come with that, it is integrated in the spolier.

Wow, i stand

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, the spoiler is stock. The person that owned it before me had it put on after he bought the car, hence why the third brake light is still in the back window. The Taurus' that came with the spoiler didn't have the third brake light in the rear window because it's in the spoiler. But I like all the brake lights. If someone doesn't see me stopping then they shouldn't be driving. :D But yeah, it's not aftermarket. As far as what I paid. They are 244.95 plus shipping, so I think all around it was around 250. Kind of high, but worth it. But I still don't know what they mean by three piece set, unless they count the box that they come in. I just got the two tailights.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by 00TaurusSEL@May 30 2004, 01:05 PM
Actually, the spoiler is stock. The person that owned it before me had it put on after he bought the car, hence why the third brake light is still in the back window. The Taurus' that came with the spoiler didn't have the third brake light in the rear window because it's in the spoiler. But I like all the brake lights. If someone doesn't see me stopping then they shouldn't be driving. :D But yeah, it's not aftermarket.
Um if it was put on after he bought it, it's not stock ;)

That is most defiantely not a factory installed spoiler.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry n2 space. What I meant was it's not aftermarket, like from a store or online site. It is aftermarket in a sense that it didn't come from the factory. When I think of aftermarket, I think of the taillights I bought or cheap jap imitation "factory" pieces sold for dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by 00TaurusSEL@May 30 2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry n2 space. What I meant was it's not aftermarket, like from a store or online site. It is aftermarket in a sense that it didn't come from the factory. When I think of aftermarket, I think of the taillights I bought or cheap jap imitation "factory" pieces sold for dirt cheap.
Ahh.. gotchya ;)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I really like those black ones looking good!! Some people just must have been weaned on a pickle their outlook is so sour. :lol2: Seriously who is gonna make aftermarket parts for Taurus if nobody buys them. Jeez its like if you do anything aesthetically to your Taurus people here people start shouting rice!!

PS Disregard any comments from the GenIII guys especially. There just jealous because there aren't any Altezza's for them.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by Kermitec@May 31 2004, 12:26 AM
I really like those black ones looking good!! Some people just must have been weaned on a pickle their outlook is so sour. :lol2: Seriously who is gonna make aftermarket parts for Taurus if nobody buys them. Jeez its like if you do anything aesthetically to your Taurus people here people start shouting rice!!

PS Disregard any comments from the GenIII guys especially. There just jealous because there aren't any Altezza's for them.
hey, im working on some clear tails! :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What do you mean Detroit? The one's I got say they fit 00-04.. Unless the wiring is different? But the taillights themselves are the same size. Well good luck. :)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
It's the same wiring.

A 2000-2003 Taurus has ONE bulb for the turn signals, side marker, and brake lights. ONE bulb for reverse lights...and ONE for the built in side marker. (a smaller bulb.)

The 2004 Taurus works the EXACT same. I think the company just doesn't know what they are talking about. The only difference is that they were GOING to add a turn signal in the 04's but now it's just a plug in there instead.

-Kyle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts